LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 23:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 01:49 
Poster

I'm 20 and live at home with parents.

I had no desire to move away when I started University and have never really felt brave enough to 'take the plunge.' It's a secure, sheltered life and just easier for me to stay that way. There is an element of 'smother mother' though which isn't healthy for me. Overall I'm happy living at home and don't want to live anywhere else.

"Limerence is not an ability but a drive, a motivation. The conscious mind looks for success and prestige. The unconscious mind hungers for those moments of transcendence... [when] we are lost in a challenge or a task, when a craftsmen feels lost in his craft, when a naturalist feels at one with nature, when a believer feels at one with God's love. That is what the unconscious mind hungers for." (David Brooks, March 2011)

Thanks  
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 02:06 

I really don't see why people are ever ashamed of living at home while attending university...what's it more independent for your parents to pay your living expenses while you're in school? Bullshit.

Now if you've finished college and you're still living at home(as I have), then yeah that's embarrassing, though understandable in this economy.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2011, 16:51 
Poster

Moved out at 16. No effect ls/incel-wise. :(

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2011, 03:08 
Poster

My situation was the same as yours SpaceRunaway. Only my roommate and myself were friends, we lived together for 7 years, she got a boyfriend and moved out, I couldn't afford the place on my own. :|

Thanks