LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 25 Sep 2017, 19:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 22:29 
New Poster

2 times in 2 posts
I have not been on this site for very long, but I have noticed a serious issue, one that needs to be addressed.

Part of the Love-Shy community is very disrespectful. I'm not talking about politics, or just talking about things that cause arguments. I have seen so many posts where women are regarded as being slutty, the reason for everyones problems, the ones that have to fix it, and generally as bad people.

This needs to stop. People say that respect is earned, well that's not true. There is a basic respect that people give to others that they don't know, and the respect you give to your friends, coworkers, and classmates, should be no different than that you give to a woman you are interested in.

Women are not the issue, do not blame them for your problems. I know it is hard, and you just want to enjoy a relationship like other people do, but being bitter will get you nowhere. Women do not wear clothes that they like just for attention, and saying that they want everyone to stare at them because they have a dress on, is a sad statement. Women wear clothing because they like it, just like you do. Saying they need to change what they wear in order to get respect, is only proving to the world that you are not ready for a relationship.

Now, I know being Love-Shy is hard. I have never had much luck with relationships, but we all need to focus on self improvement, not suicide, or the dark thought of being alone our whole lives. I do believe that this site was made with good intention, so why not give real support, reach out, think deeply about the real source of these problems.

"A man can fall many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else." -John Burroughs

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank AsthmaticDragons for the above post:
NateLost
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 00:58 
Poster

Your post makes me see you're not very informed (and also willing to) about several aspects of the reason we are in this mess. After a long research on biology, sociology, evolutionary psychology, etc; you would realize several of your statements are wrong and many here have made the time to reach those conclusions. What does the knowledgeable say to the faithful? What makes curiosity more valuable than pure hope? The world is not a nice place where things are solved by good intentions and self-righteousness, so better start asking yourself what do you need to know regardless of if you want to know it. It's no one "fault" as if it was on purpose but we're all aware of some ugly truths out there that are one click away in this day and age. Make everyone a favor and do more reading and less scolding.

When you live in a world where sexual interaction is so common and natural, you start to inevitably feel covered by this shadow of inadequacy. When you go to the streets is amazing to realize that all the thousands of people you see exists because twice as them had sex; twice as them were considered desirable enough. Damn, there's probably thousands of people having sex right now. When you're not choosing to remain this way, when you can firmly establish that sex is something so easy to get on general basis, how can you cope with the fact that you're not in tune with that normality? How to stay comfortable with yourself when you're such a small minority of the human spectrum? A minority that is looked down to because they're failing in one of the core aspects of the species: To reproduce.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 01:49 
Site Admin

This site has long strayed from it's intended purpose. A good number of posters here aren't even really "love-shy" but rather identify as something called "incel". This has become a derogatory term on much of the web because as you've pointed out, these people tend to blame women for their problems rather than try to improve themselves. They are mostly a lost cause and it's best to just ignore them, at least until they decide that they want to try and help themselves. Amidst the noise there are a few decent people here but with all the general unpleasantness of this place only a select few stick around long term. There have been some positives to this forum over the years but generally speaking it's a good example of "this is why we can't have nice things". Regardless this particular subforum isn't meant for this kind of discussion so I will lock this thread, but feel free to bring up the issue in the forums for registered members.

Nate Silver wrote:
At least the Falcons won the popular vote.

03/03/10 + 03/18/10 + 9/8/2016

NEVER FORGET!!!!

Thanks  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]