LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 20:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2011, 21:32 
I don't think that they don't have any personality, just that it can be suppressed by the (over)attentions of alpha males who they can't say "NO" to. Plus radical feminists who make it seem that being nice or fitting any kind of normal gender role means they're self-hating. :evil:

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2011, 22:26 
Poster

Here is a study that backs up what I say about attractive women having different personalities than 'regular' people:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/08/16/stu ... e-selfish/

The above study is not only about attractive women, but attractive people in general (that of women AND men). I mentioned in my original post of this thread that attractive women do not show much personality, and that they often do not care to engage in conversations with others (especially in that they don't care to interact with an "average" person). In a certain way this study backs up my claim. Since attractive people tend to be selfish and less likely to cooperate with others (as the study says), then that backs up my general statement that attractive women don't show much personality towards others, and, don't care to talk to others. A person who is selfish and uncooperative is likely to behave in this way, and the study says attractive people tend to be selfish and uncooperative.

On the other hand, it is reasonable to assume that someone who is not selfish and who is cooperative will more likely talk, be friendly and show personality towards others. And if attractive people are selfish and uncooperative, then it is reasonable to assume that average people and ugly people tend to be the opposite of attractive people, in that they tend to be cooperative, caring, sharing and generally friendly - as I have alluded to in my original post (though, I didn't word it exactly that way, that is what I was alluding to in general).

I am glad I have been scientifically validated and that I wasn't just imagining things....

No, I am NOT the author of any of the books I recommend. No, I am NOT profiting in any way by posting about toxic shame (or anything else, for that matter). I am just informing everyone of the condition that affects most everyone here, and I am sharing what has benefited me so far. Please seriously consider reading those books I recommend and DO NOT ONLY follow the info that I post. You need the full picture from those books and not just the bits and pieces that I post. My posts concerning toxic shame are meant as a learning tool and obviously cannot be a substitute for a complete book.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 06:05 
Elite Contributor

Frankybeans wrote:
yeah, most beautiful women have that type of personality at first. They dont want to give men any ideas that they might be interested so they wont even look at you and if they do they will not show any emotion out of fear you might think they are interested.

Yep, got me there. Fear you might think that I'm interested because it doesn't matter if I'm interested. You're not going to do anything positive with that knowledge.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2012, 03:59 
Poster

It's not the most attractive ones that have no personality. It's the most feminine ones who have no personality. Feminity correlates with conformity
Masculinity with divergence. Ever notice that men have more varying personalities(as in men tend to be different from eachother) whereas women are almost all the same? It's almost like they copy eachother's personality rather than daring to become their own person.
Masculine people tend to be more individualistic, whereas feminine people tend to be collectivistic(which I think explains the feminine conformity because they value their status as one of the group over their individuality, this never bother to develop a personality away from the norm, and also change any thing about themselves which is not the norm)
Males not only have more variance in personality, but also in IQ.

We are God's unwanted children, so be it... First, you have to give up. First, you have to know, not fear, KNOW that some day you are going to die... It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 12:38 
Super Contributor

Lifetimer wrote:
On the other hand, I have noticed that ugly women and fat women, in general, have a good, healthy personality. And they are much more friendly than attractive women, in general. These women generally have no problem in speaking to another person first. They will talk more, laugh more, and be more fun to be around. Their only drawback is their physical appearance, in that they are not hot looking like the hot women are. Now if we can merge the personality of the ugly and fat women into the body of a hot woman, then we would have something great!

That's me in a nutshell (almost).

Well, I think it's the same for everyone: if you're pretty and bland, no one will give a shit. Societ will worship you anyway. If you're pretty and interesting, it's even better for you but doesn't make much difference to people, sadly. If you're ugly or just really not attractive, you'll be driven to cultivate your qualities, to appeal to people more.

Some of my female friends are really pretty, but they still have a great personality that goes with it. I met cute girls without any kind of interesting qualities, I met ugly girls who were the same, etc... We're wired to associate beauty with inner qualities, and ugliness with the lack thereof, but we all know it's just not that simple.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 13:00 
Elite Contributor

Nope. The true stunners I have known in my life are by far the most interesting and least bitchy. The "fuckable" ones are the bitches. It's like they know they're silver medals and that really fucks with them. The ugly girls tend to have jealousy and insecurity issues but stay quiet about it... until you get to know them.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 10:07 
Poster

The fatso who I tried to pull out on a date for like 2 months after a newspaper ad (and then quickly I regretted about it when I actually did it) was really unpleasant with her mood swings. E.g. "Don't write me anymore!" Vs "How are you? When will we meet?" Vs "I'm so excited about the upcoming date!" Vs "There will be not date, I changed my mind, I don't like you at all!" Vs "You'rethe type of man I like" Vs "I don't want anything with you". Those swinged took place during a frigging *single day*.
Dropped her after 3 meetups. My nerves will better that way.
Although I understand her wackiness: nearing 30s, looks like a floppy fat-ball, dresses like granny, really dull. Of course, she was slightly obsessed with finding anyone, and therefore, she is somewhat insane. Bombarding me with inane SMSes, first happy ones, then accusing and grim, then again happy.
I don't want any of that drama, well, maybe if she was at least above average beauty?

Thanks