LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 04:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 04:52 
Poster

dangeroustechnique wrote:
Alpha Virgin wrote:
Alpha Virgin wrote:
Raiden is gay.

Raiden isn't gay, he's the sexless representation of the player inside the simulated world of the Big Shell.

Plus he does have a "girlfriend" (if you believe Rose is real) who's pregnant with his child.

I don't mean gay in the exact since of the word he probably gets more pussy than snake. I mean I cannot stand him he is too feminine and whines a lot. I just relate to Snake a lot more.

Also did you know that Raiden was created because when Kojima asked what people though of Metal Gear Solid there was a women who said that she didn't like the fact that all male characters in the game were old so he created a young man to be the protagonist of the sequel.

Did you played 1 and 3 what did you thought?

Yeah exactly, Raiden was created as a sexless, androgynous, rookie to represent the player. Kojima was basically messing with you, actually Solid Snake is his avatar in the game, there's a website that goes over this. http://www.metagearsolid.org/

Solid started my love affair with the series, Snake Eater is the last good entry in the franchise imo.

Yes but I cannot relate with Raiden that's the problem. Even Kojima somewhat admited that Raiden was a mistake with the creation of Raikov in Snake Eater.

Snake Eater the last good entry in the series?! There is only a game in the main series after that which is Guns of the Patriots Special Ops and Peace Walker don't count since they are handheld and since you didn't play Guns of the Patriots ...... and Kojima already confirmed an mgs5 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: .

"For any formal effectively generated theory T including basic arithmetical truths and also certain truths about formal provability, T includes a statement of its own consistency if and only if T is inconsistent."

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 05:38 
LS.com #1 Poster

Metal Gear Solid series

Doom

Sonic the Hedgehog

Fallout series

Tekken series

Colony Wars series

Red Dead Redemption

Not_Your_Average_Joe wrote:

People were created to be loved.
Things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos,
is because things are being loved,
and people are being used.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Adam82 for the above post:
Alpha Virgin
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 08:28 
LS.com #1 Poster

Alpha Virgin wrote:
My favorite video game ever, I can spend hours talking about Sons Of Liberty. Gamers always say Shadow of The Colossus is the closest video games will come to art, and I refute them with SOL. Brilliant, brilliant game, I even have the ending in my sig, I still need to play through Guns of The Patriots even with all the retcons. :|

My ranking of the series is

MGS3>MGS1>MGS4>MGSPW>MGS2>MG2>MG

I always though metal gear solid 2, although a great game, was the weakest in the series.

Dead Cell is the second worst team in metal gear solid series (the worst is the team from MGS4).
Raiden is gay.
Solidus is not as memorable as liquid snake, volgin, the boss, or ocelot.
Raiden is gay.
The level design is not as good as any of the other games in the main series.
Raiden is gay.
The art direction is not as good as in the other games.
Raiden is gay.
Not as many memorable moments.
Raiden is gay.

Damn, I look like a mgs2 hater when in fact I love the game, any metal gear solid game is better than shadow of the colossus (although a great game).

Also video games are already art: MGS3 ending made me 10x sadder than Saving Private Ryan ending; Dead Space (although not scary) made more tense than any of the alien movies; Uncharted 2 sequences made me more exited than any Indiana Jones movies. People who say video games aren't art either never played video games or played video games that are multiplayer oriented like call of duty or typical wii games.

I agree. Some games are art. We have to distinguish between good and bad games, of course. Just like with good or bad movies. Metal Gear Solid is definitely a work of art. If that isn't, I don't know what is.

I have only actually played MGS1, but I plan to pick up the MGS HD collection on PS3 and finally play through Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater. I've heard good things about both.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 17:21 
Contributor

Activate nostalgia!

Some of these aren't that old but whatever, I'm still a gamer. (I also avoided titles that have already been mentioned for the most part)

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Deejay for the above post:
Adam82, Alpha Virgin, thechak
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 17:36 
Elite Contributor

Oh I forgot a few myself:
Amazing game, not as good as the film it's loosely based off, but easily the best title available for PC, IMO.

Started my love-affair with the series

Solidified it

First RPG I ever played (original, I know.) still come back to it now and again.

It's more mature, big brother.

White Power.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 17:39 
Elite Contributor

Deejay wrote:
Activate nostalgia!

I can still hear that piano melody as Epona rides along in the title, haunts me to this day (in a good way).

White Power.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 18:10 
Elite Contributor

ah, yes, Zelda, forgot that one. Used to play that one too.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 19:22 
Contributor

How is deus ex not on here?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 20:19 
Extensive Contributor

Alpha Virgin wrote:
My ranking of the series is

MGS3>MGS1>MGS4>MGSPW>MGS2>MG2>MG

I enjoyed the 3rd and 1st ones the best aswell, the storyline of the second kind of went all over the place in the end, and the fourth turned into a massive mish-mash from what I saw of it. The 3rd one was excellent though, as was the 1st back in its day.

As for me:
Mass Effect - Mainly for how well written it is, and it's a pretty good shooter too. Really looking forward to the 3rd one when it comes out next month.
Elder Scrolls - Only played Oblivion and Skyrim thus far, but I'm sold. I also plan on routing out Morrowind at some point too, having never played that before.
Tomb Raider - Sank countless hours into the 1st 5 of these back in the day, it turned pretty crap after the 5th one in the series though.
Half-Life - It would be nice if the wait between these wasn't so fucking long.
Grand Theft Auto - I still haven't played the 4th one yet, but I've played all of them from the 1st one up to San Andreas.
Command and Conquer - Haven't played the newer ones, but I sank a shit load of time into Generals and Zero Hour during college.

I'm sure I'll think of more at some point.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 22:30 
Elite Contributor

Highscores: 1
No kidding.
Everyone point and laugh.
Pity they cancelled Battlefront III all due to some game leakage.
I'm actually getting into games more than I had when I was younger, so hopefully I'll be picking up quite a few more franchises like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, and Gears of War.

Here is a trustworthy saying with regard to DSR: those who have much will be given more, and those who have little, even what they have shall be taken away.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Natalie Portman for the above post:
Adam82
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 05:00 
Elite Contributor

officially nostalgia bombed

Why do I know some of the songs in ocarina of time when I've never played it? :lol:

Thanks  
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 05:13 
I CAME IN LIKE A WREEECKING BAAALLLL

Now dead and buried, at least in spirit:

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Harebrained for the above post:
Alpha Virgin
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 15:53 
Poster

Xanatos30 wrote:

Doom and Megaman 2 are awesome! :coolbeans:

The Doctor wrote:
The Tomb Raider series was fantastic back in the day and are still very playable, but once they reached PS2 they went down. the last three have been fun and I've loved playing them, but they're a bit too...easy. Looking forward to the new one though.

Yes they were really good I remember beating 2, damn, as a kid that was fucking hard. They kinda went downhill with angel of darkness, although I ear the new ones are quite good and the remake looks sick. Also have you played Uncharted specially 2 & 3 if you like Tomb Raider you're probably going to like Uncharted too.

greatgarrett2 wrote:

I loved the concept, show wasn't bad either. Super Mario Bros. 3 was my favorite out of the Nintendo games.

:coolbeans: I played all the main console Marios and my favorites are Super Mario World followed closely by Super Mario Bros. 3 they are better than galaxy in my opinion.

Adam82 wrote:
Red Dead Redemption

I knew you're going to put Red Dead Redemption somewhere in your list. :rofl: :coolbeans:

Deejay wrote:

:coolbeans:

James_Young wrote:

:coolbeans: I remember buying Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and Dead Space on the same day... no one see me for the next 4 days.

Harebrained wrote:

Super Metroid Fuck Yeah! :coolbeans:

Adam82 wrote:
I agree. Some games are art. We have to distinguish between good and bad games, of course. Just like with good or bad movies. Metal Gear Solid is definitely a work of art. If that isn't, I don't know what is.

I have only actually played MGS1, but I plan to pick up the MGS HD collection on PS3 and finally play through Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater. I've heard good things about both.

If you liked the first one and if you don't mind some outdated controls (aiming is done on first person mode where you can't move instead of over the shoulder) I would recommend the HD collection.

I myself have to pick up on some series that I haven't played myself like Mass Effect or Half-Life but unfortonatly I just started a new semester in college so I will probably do that during the summer.

"For any formal effectively generated theory T including basic arithmetical truths and also certain truths about formal provability, T includes a statement of its own consistency if and only if T is inconsistent."

Thanks  
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 17:41 
Poster

I think members here have covered most classics.
Salome wrote:
I'd say Street Fighter

Yes, I feel that series should have been more relevant in this thread

Other franchises: Ninja Gaiden

Castlevania

Quake

Monkey Island (among many other graphic adventure classics)

Double Dragon

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank fork for the above post:
Adam82
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 23:51 
LS.com #1 Poster

I am a big fan of my retro gaming, that's for sure! I've been gaming across multiple platforms, including arcades, for 25 years. Hey, I'm an old fart (nearly 30). My first console was a Sega Master System II. I kind of defected to Playstation when that craze hit in the mid nineties. We first got a PC in the mid 1990s and I discovered the greats like the Apogee and id software shareware games.

Mortal Kombat 2

Streets of Rage 2

Crash Bandicoot. But I only really like the ones developed by Naughty Dog (of later Jak and Daxter; and Uncharted fame) for the PS1. The series went downhill after their last game, the great CTR

Commando. Possibly the hardest arcade videogame ever produced?

Commander Keen

Wolfenstein 3D

Resident Evil. Classic game. The terrible voice acting is part of the charm.

Quake. My favourite in the series was always the first one. I like the HP Lovecraft atmosphere, and medieval-style dungeon level design

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next