LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 15:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

Post subject: Interesting article
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 06:24 
I'm not a player. I just crush a lot.

http://postmasculine.com/emotional-needs-part-1

Quote:
I’ve zeroed in on what I consider to be the three primary emotional motivators when it comes to sex, dating and relationships. These three motivators exist for everyone, both men and women, straight and homosexual, old and young. And how we meet them or don’t meet them determines the quality and duration of our interactions and relationships.

Fundamental Emotional Needs in Dating:
1. Status (Feeling important or superior, feeling challenged)
2. Connection (Feeling understood and appreciated, shared values and experiences)
3. Security (Feeling safe and reliable, trust)

Well, I know that 2 is the most important for me (which, I must say, is very difficult for me to find). Followed, somewhat distantly, by 1. I think that I need to work on finding 3. But, thing is, it seems that most women don't really offer that and it's up to the guy to find it within himself.

I'm looking forward to the next article in this series, which supposedly shows you how to satisfy these emotional needs for your partner. I've got my fingers crossed that the advice it offers isn't some vague nonsense.

Thanks  
 Post subject: Re: Interesting article
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2012, 13:50 
Contributor

Tenda Lucas wrote:
http://postmasculine.com/emotional-needs-part-1

Quote:
I’ve zeroed in on what I consider to be the three primary emotional motivators when it comes to sex, dating and relationships. These three motivators exist for everyone, both men and women, straight and homosexual, old and young. And how we meet them or don’t meet them determines the quality and duration of our interactions and relationships.

Fundamental Emotional Needs in Dating:
1. Status (Feeling important or superior, feeling challenged)
2. Connection (Feeling understood and appreciated, shared values and experiences)
3. Security (Feeling safe and reliable, trust)

Well, I know that 2 is the most important for me (which, I must say, is very difficult for me to find). Followed, somewhat distantly, by 1. I think that I need to work on finding 3. But, thing is, it seems that most women don't really offer that and it's up to the guy to find it within himself.

I'm looking forward to the next article in this series, which supposedly shows you how to satisfy these emotional needs for your partner. I've got my fingers crossed that the advice it offers isn't some vague nonsense.

I've read the articles

Could you elaborate what you mean?

Do you feel you don't connect with women?

Odalis wrote:
Everyone go back to being jealous of prison rape (because they are getting some and you are not), sigh, I wish I were exaggerating.

Thanks  
 Post subject: Re: Interesting article
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2012, 16:07 
Elite Contributor

load of bullshit, n 1 reason is lust...

Thanks