LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 26 Mar 2017, 19:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 17:52 
Comme un cheveu sur la soupe

canamoeba wrote:
In America, she'd have been handcuffed, arrested, brought to jail and then to court, and would have received a criminal record which would have resulted in deportation and being barred from re-entering for many years.

lol no. The police only arrest people here for serious public intoxication. All that would happen is you'd get a verbal warning, maybe a ticket.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 01:54 
Borat

lemonlime wrote:
canamoeba wrote:
In America, she'd have been handcuffed, arrested, brought to jail and then to court, and would have received a criminal record which would have resulted in deportation and being barred from re-entering for many years.

lol no. The police only arrest people here for serious public intoxication. All that would happen is you'd get a verbal warning, maybe a ticket.

You don't understand... The image of America as a "police state", just like the image of women as a privileged social class who can get DSR no matter what, is being reinforced by most radical members of this forum, no matter how far from reality these images might be. It's an ideolocial/psychological trick, and it's not likely to buy on common sense.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 15:35 
LS.com Legend

New-Yorker wrote:
lemonlime wrote:
canamoeba wrote:

You don't understand... The image of America as a "police state", just like the image of women as a privileged social class who can get DSR no matter what, is being reinforced by most radical members of this forum, no matter how far from reality these images might be. It's an ideolocial/psychological trick, and it's not likely to buy on common sense.

Because it's reality and has nothing to do with being "radical", women, yes even 300lb "whales" have more dating options than an average looking guy who is in good shape.

Women in western nations are in a priviledged social class, and if you can't see that, then you are just sticking your head in the sand.

ImageImageImage

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Seb for the above post:
canamoeba, worldtraveler
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 22:48 
Poster

Location: Between Central Florida, Brazil, a rock, and a hard place.
New-Yorker wrote:
canamoeba wrote:
New-Yorker wrote:
Absolutely. But they would be less likely to get prosecuted than their American counterparts.

Sure, there's a good chance they would do so if such a girl said "Putin sucks" or distributed anti-Putin leaflets in her school. But just for accidentally dropping a piece of cake on the floor and not picking up the small bits? I don't think so, unless there were political motivations involved.

And American cops barely ever get prosecuted either, even when they kill an innocent person.

Other than on these questionable videos, I haven't encountered any of these in America either. As for the cops themselves (which is what I meant by 'they'), yes, in America they are more likely to at least suffer professionally. And if their action was really severe, they're much likely to be held criminally responsible in America than they are in Russia.

canamoeba wrote:
I said DRINKING, not DRINKING + DRIVING. The 21-year-old drinking age has nothing to do with drunk driving. Under-21s are not more likely to drive after drinking than over-21s. Hey... even GWB got arrested for DWI once, and he was well over 21.

If the jury deterines that the guy is innocent, he'll get cleared of his charges. Meanwhile it's a great lesson for him and others to be respectful to the law even if it seems trivial.

canamoeba wrote:
As a devout Jew, if you had children, how would you like it if you weren't allowed to celebrate Kiddush with them under therat of a felony charge?

The amount of alcohol consumed for kiddush is usually too minuscule to cause any trouble, even to a kid. And cops are extremely unlikely to purposely visit house after house in Jewish-populated areas just to prosecute the heads of families. If that happened, it would be too easy to accuse them of anti-Semitic bias. If, however, this law was enforced so severely as to have the cops randomly (and non-disciminately) visitng houses in the entire NM just to make sure that kids and alcohol are not sharing the same house, there would be a very simple way out of this situation: drink grapejuice for kiddush.

canamoeba wrote:
In New Mexico, it's a FELONY to give alcohol to someone under 21, but only a MISDEMEANOR to drive drunk, even on the third offense.

That's ridiculous; but it doesn't mean there are no ridiculous laws in other countries.

canamoeba wrote:
In Canada, while illegal, this would only have resulted in a warning and confiscation of the alcohol, or at worst, a fine. In America, she'd have been handcuffed, arrested, brought to jail and then to court, and would have received a criminal record which would have resulted in deportation and being barred from re-entering for many years. Is America really better off for employing such extreme punishments for such insanely trivial acts?

And how do you know whether it's true or not? It never happened to you or your mother. Did it happen to someone you know (rather than to quesionable people on a questionable video)?

canamoeba wrote:
Even without having lived in America, I can read about what really occurs down there,

... from guys like oncebitten55, or Winston Wu, or anybody else who has made anti-American propaganda his hobby or even career.

oncebitten55 wrote:
Sure, you can sue, but justice will not be done until these men are behind bars for years and years.

Instead they are still alowed to continue to be police officers, or to "retire early", as is often the case.

What if it's proven that they only killed the innocent person by accident while following the protocol? Doesn't that ever happen elswhere in the world?

NYC had a series of similar murders of the innocent by the police during the Giuliani era. One of them - in 1999 - hit close to home when the cops killed a Jewish guy who was mentally retarded - by shooting him with 12 bullets because they felt he's threatening them with a hammer. While I strongly condemn these murders, there's nothing to generalize. Giuliani was known for his war on crime, which, unfortunately, was not without "war crimes". In the longer run, however, the city became much safer, and I feel good enough walking down the street in a neighborhood that once used to have a very bad reputation. Perhaps a 'police state' scenario has its bright side: a reduction in crime. What do you think is better - a police officer abusing his power, or a criminal abusing his personal liberty?

I don't know where you live, but it sounds like Mayberry to me.
I used to live in Volusia, Orange, and Brevard counties for the past 20 years during my residency in Florida. And I'll tell you something -- you may think that I and the rest of the posters on this topic are blowing smoke, but I have experienced it first hand. It all started in 1993, when I first started working for Cape Canaveral Air Force Station as an intern. The adjacent unincoporated city of Cape Canaveral used to be known as "Crack Canaveral" because of the steady stream of narcatiocs from the cruise lines at Port Canveral (Just went there last week, and it still is called that!). Then you also had the Naval base, and the Coast Guard base. And need I remind you that those ships coming from wherever have crew members transporting illegal substances also. But then again, they are the military, and Customs doesn't need to check them out for anything -- and this after the U.S. Navy guarantees "zero" tolerance to drugs within their ranks.
Do you really believe that the "war on drugs" and a "police state" have made the city streets safer? I really don't think so. In fact, the City of Jacksonville has more homicides per capita than Miami. MIAMI! Also, I've lost count of the number of times I have been pulled over by Volusia County Sherriff's Office, The City of Daytona Beach police, The City of Daytona Beach Shores Public Safety Department (In my opinion, the worst), The Town of Holly Hill Police, The City Of New Symrna Beach Police, Orange County Sherriff's Office, The City of Orlando Police, The City of Altamonte Springs Police, The City of Longwood Police, Osceola County Police (Where Walt Disney World is), the City of Kissimmee Police (Again, Walt Disney World), the City of Sandford Police (Where Treyvon Martin was shot), the Brevard County Sherriff's office, the City of Cocoa Police Department, The City of Melbourne Police, The Town of Satellite Beach Police, The Town of Indiatlantic Police, Cocoa Beach Police Department, the Florida Highway Patrol, and even Florida DOT Police. And it just wasn't some routine traffic stop. These were anxiety-ridden, traumatic events. They would pull me out of the car, have their dogs sniff out the car, have me in handcuffs, and send for backup. And the only "crime" I committed, if you could call it that, was -- in their own words -- driving a nice shiny BMW and being a young African-American man. That is what makes them suspicious. I never got a citation in my life, never speeded, never made any moving violations at all -- a very careful driver. And I've never had a criminal record, either. To them, I was a worthless "n-word" who probably stole the car I was driving, or probably bought it from the sale of illegal narcotics (I guess this is what I deserve for looking way younger than my age). It was like they couldn't fathom a young, technically minded, African-American man could ever succeed in life from an honest day's work. And the traffic stops didn't stop until the Space Shuttle program came to an end. It was like I didn't deserve to have nice things from all of my hard work, studying, and postponment of a so-called "social life". And the biggest revelation I've found out was that this wasn't to deter crime -- rather, it is to help raise revenue for the various municipal and county governments (legalized extortion) in the form of citations, probation, court fees, traffic school, and so on and so forth. That's part of the reason I moved to Brazil. At least here, I'm not constantly reminded of the color of my skin, and my place in society. And I still keep in contact with cadets in my Civil Air Patrol unit in Merrit Island (Cocoa Beach area) who live in the not-so-good neighborhoods. I have a real concern that the minority kids there don't see the police as an entity to trust. However, some of their parents have told me that having their children in the program has saved their lives from drugs, gangs, and other criminal elements, besides seeing me a great role model (Which is all the more reason I am perplexed that people still call me an "Uncle Tom", like it's a bad disease or something. :shock: ). I believe that if you tell a child enough times that they are no good and worthless and back it up with endless examples, that will become a self-fufilled prophesy. That is really my only regret about leaving the U.S. -- the children, who are our future -- especially those who will become love-shy/incel.

And the phone number 911, it's a joke. When you need them, the take their sweet time responding -- unless you live in a very ritzy neighborhood.

But of course, New-Yorker, I don't expect you, Lemonlime, or anyone else here to understand, or even empathize with my experiences. Just like I don't expect you to empathize with my fomer colleague who is from Douglas, Arizona. He told me that he would never live there again because of the drug-related violence from neighboring Mexico. He's even had two members of his family killed from shootouts between the criminal elements and police.
So, if you still believe that we don't live in a police state, then that's up to you. I cannot tell you what to believe or not believe. However, I would appreciate it very much if you could at least acknowledge my perspective and perspectives similar to mine.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank worldtraveler for the above post:
canamoeba
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 23:38 
LS.com Legend

worldtraveler wrote:
But of course, New-Yorker, I don't expect you, Lemonlime, or anyone else here to understand, or even empathize with my experiences. Just like I don't expect you to empathize with my fomer colleague who is from Douglas, Arizona. He told me that he would never live there again because of the drug-related violence from neighboring Mexico. He's even had two members of his family killed from shootouts between the criminal elements and police.
So, if you still believe that we don't live in a police state, then that's up to you. I cannot tell you what to believe or not believe. However, I would appreciate it very much if you could at least acknowledge my perspective and perspectives similar to mine.

People simply will not wake up to the facts. Police abuses and unnecessary killings are at an all time high, the President can now put anyone in a prison with no right to a trial, no habeus corpus, no attorney, and they still think that they are "free"? :crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inwzOooXRU

"A Star on Earth; an Angel in Heaven" -Karen Anne Carpenter (1950-1983)
_______________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.padfield.com/1997/goodmen.html -"When Good Men Do Nothing".

Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 04:16 
Borat

worldtraveler wrote:
But of course, New-Yorker, I don't expect you, Lemonlime, or anyone else here to understand, or even empathize with my experiences.

Why don't you expect me to understand or emphathize with your experience? All I'm disputing is the premise made by onccebitten55 that police brutality in America has reached such a horrific level that a civil war is inevitable. That's something I wouldn't sign on to. If anything, rural and small-town population alone is simply not enough to create a civil-war situation. Unless tens of millions of people living in large cities get themselves involved in this, nothing could happen. And it seems to me that people in large cities don't have much problems with their police. Having said that, I'm not shrugging off the gravity of the incidents you have quoted, but they seem more like isolated cases rather than a nationwide tendency.

By the way, in today's news from Russia there was a report about a group of cops who killed a person while arresting him, and the person's body was found a few days later. And this arrest/murder apparently had nothing to do with national politics. That's to debunk a notion about how great the life is in Russia. Of course, the fact that such a horrible thing can happen in Russia does not mean that we should tolerate similar things here in America. But, as I mentioned before, I doubt that all the stories and videos about police brutality here in America indicate any pattern or tendency rather than isolated incidents.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 23:20 
Poster

Location: Between Central Florida, Brazil, a rock, and a hard place.
oncebitten55 wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:

People simply will not wake up to the facts. Police abuses and unnecessary killings are at an all time high, the President can now put anyone in a prison with no right to a trial, no habeus corpus, no attorney, and they still think that they are "free"? :crazy:

Or, maybe New-Yorker has forgotten, or worse yet, not even knew that Abraham Lincoln once suspended Habeas Corpus during the American Civil War.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2001/11/lincolns_crackdown.html

And he even had military tribunals to prosecute criminals. I don't know about you, but since the U.S. military has always NEVER been a democracy to begin with, that is a very chilling scenario, as well as a suspension of the U.S. Constitution. That's why, for instance, the U.S. has always had civilian presidents. But, as they say, there is always the first time for everything -- even military dictatorships.

Brazil experienced a military dictatorship from 1964 to 1985, and a debt default in the early 1990's. And from what I heard, it wasn't very pretty. And the same could happen in America, if people aren't careful and vigilant.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 01:32 
Poster

Word of advice: NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GO TO Puerto Rico, IT IS INCEL HELL, in fact real hell is heaven comapered to PR, crime is high, the local gov't is corrupt as shit, women 100% think that a man with a 6 figure salary a new sports car and a 10 inch dick makes the perfect husband.

Trust me I am currently living in Puerto Rico since 1999!

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 07:02 
LS.com Legend

The Lonely Soldier wrote:
Word of advice: NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GO TO Puerto Rico, IT IS INCEL HELL, in fact real hell is heaven comapered to PR, crime is high, the local gov't is corrupt as shit, women 100% think that a man with a 6 figure salary a new sports car and a 10 inch dick makes the perfect husband.

Trust me I am currently living in Puerto Rico since 1999!

Most of the time, you won't even need the 6 figure salary. Just be an awesome omega asshole like most guys here are, who lives in a rent-free housing project with his mother and sells cocaine and crack at the local crack house and use all your drug money to buy a pimped out BMW (or a '90's era Toyota Tercel with a "BMW" body kit), some imitation "designer" clothes from the flea markets, a "bitchin'!" sound system that costs more than your car with the bass cranked up to full volume so the whole fucking neighborhood can hear your shitty Reggueton or Bachata music (or at least the drum beats) and you will be guaranteed to get laid at the local dance clubs!

"An ugly incel with a condom is like a deaf guy with an ipod." - Advanced

"Don't do what readers want. If readers had their way 99% of Harry Potter would be gay sex." - Harebrained

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 07:17 
Poster

How's the food in Puerto Rico? Do they have have food vendors on the streets?

Biblic Judaism Weekly Service | Saturdays 1:30 pm PST

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 08:50 
LS.com Legend

drealm wrote:
How's the food in Puerto Rico? Do they have have food vendors on the streets?

If by "do they have food vendors on the streets" you mean if it's edible and clean, then yes it's safe to eat street food. As for the taste of Puerto Rican food in general, well it has more in common with Spanish than Mexican food. So it's not spicy. But we like it well seasoned, so that means a lot of onion and garlic. The meat preference scale is: pork > chicken > beef > all other meat. For being an island, it's funny how 90% of our seafood is imported, so if you want to eat seafood, go to the seaside places.

"An ugly incel with a condom is like a deaf guy with an ipod." - Advanced

"Don't do what readers want. If readers had their way 99% of Harry Potter would be gay sex." - Harebrained

Thanks  
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2012, 21:28 
Poster

Hi, Incel from the region there. . .

I'm not into PUA or anything but I concur with most of what that RooshV guy is saying here. . .
http://www.rooshv.com/argentine-girls-final-thoughts
. . . except for point "4": you do get cockblocked by the girls' girl-friends, I was, people I have spoken to were. . .

Also, for better or worse, I've met and hanged out with a good number of local fellow incel or love-shy guys and the complaints are more or less the same as those I read in English speaking forums/blogs.

I don't know much about other latin american countries like Colombia or Ecuador.
In general, backwards, conservative, sexist, high social pressure societies don't do any help to us (IMO).
The only two good things I have to say are:
- been told girls at hostels (foreign or otherwise) have a high chance of being open minded.
- checking out Brazil during the summer holidays might be a good idea as girls from the region, who are otherwise self-conscious, go there to let loose (something I regret not to have tried).

P.S. Society might be backwards here but people don't like to see themselves that way and loco right-wing theories don't cut it, if anything, for historical reasons.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2012, 22:09 
Anti-feminist extremist

The worse a country is for Roosh, the better it is for incels. It is the Roosh's of the world who ruin women for decent men. And of course, the more right-wing, the better. The Left is pure evil. Roosh wrote that piece in 2008 and I have been to Argentina twice since then. I am sad to report that Argentina moved significantly to the left between my visits, that it is becoming more culturally modern, meaning more of a cesspool. While Argentina is still far superior to America, at this time I would not recommend Argentina for incels.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2013, 14:01 
Elite Contributor

fschmidt wrote:
The worse a country is for Roosh, the better it is for incels. It is the Roosh's of the world who ruin women for decent men. And of course, the more right-wing, the better. The Left is pure evil. Roosh wrote that piece in 2008 and I have been to Argentina twice since then. I am sad to report that Argentina moved significantly to the left between my visits, that it is becoming more culturally modern, meaning more of a cesspool. While Argentina is still far superior to America, at this time I would not recommend Argentina for incels.

http://www.rooshv.com/argentine-girls-final-thoughts

I (The Love God) was in Argentina in 2005. Going to an English speaking gringo bar (no prostitues at these bars, only normal local girls, think Shamrock and Kilkenny bars in Buenos Aires) was the easiest thing I ever got in terms of "picking-up" a woman. I have never had such an easy time meeting and picking up a woman all my life. If local girls like you, they come and sit next to you and in a few hours you take them back to your accommodation. I met this one girl there, well, actually she met me! She just sat down next to me, asked if I smoke, I said no. Then she asked if I mind her smoking next to me, and I told her I didn't mind. She started a conversation with me, did a lot of the talking, it was a very 50:50 shared conversation between us. Bought some drinks with her, a few rounds. We then left when the venue closed and she basically grabbed my hand, put her arm around me, found us a cab, then we went to a "dive" of a late night bar to dance. It was as easy as ordering a pizza or shelling peas! After being there half an hour, she asked where I was staying. Would you believe I was living 2 blocks away from her at the time. She came over to my place, got into bed with me. We had sex all night long! She met me the next day to show me her place, and I met her sister too. Then the day after we did lunch then went to Teatro Colon in the evening. Then we went out the following night even though there was heavy sleet, for a good steak dinner and dance at an exclusive club. Then I ended up staying to teach English, but moved my accommodation to be closer to the school I was teaching at. She remained my girlfriend there for most of the time I lived in Buenos Aires. When I told her I was going to teach English and travel in Colombia, after doing a trip around Central America, Cuba and part of the Carribean, she got upset with me and left me. She wanted me to stay there permanently and live there with her. In hindsight, I made a huge mistake and probably should have. Though I met a Colombian girl back home in 2007 and I had a comitted relationship with her for the better part of 2 years, I still regret ever leaving Argentina to come back to Australia. Women just aren't like that with me at home, none of the locals here are attracted to me at all!

Though I mostly agree with Roosh's South America viewpoints, and agree with him wholeheartedly about the crazy nature of Argentine girls, they really weren't as hard to meet as he described in his books. I know a lot of the venues he went to as described in his books because I too visited those venues, certain bars and clubs he metioned that I also went to in Rosario and Cordoba (e.g Mitre club in Cordoba) - those bars and clubs are the last places I'd ever go to met a local (non-prostitute) girl in those cities.

And from all accounts you are right to schimtty - the situation has changed a lot in Argentina in the last few years, at least since I've been there. Guys I know who have been recently have told me things about Argentina now which just didn't match up to the experiences I had there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAHhjeXu ... ata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrj8Np1j ... ata_player

Thanks  
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2013, 05:39 
Poster

The Love God wrote:
If local girls like you, they come and sit next to you and in a few hours you take them back to your accommodation.

That's just crazy good luck. Things like that don't even happen to guys I know to be players and are picking up chicks all the time. Yes, girls do check me out alright and have occassionally approached me in subtle or not so subtle ways. . . over a span of years of being around in clubs and bars - and that doesn't even happen to most guys I know of.
Maybe being a foreigner is a plus (as it happens in some other countries).

I still wouldn't tell people to come here expecting to get laid like that - the overall vibe is quite the contrary.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Abnormanifestation for the above post:
The Love God
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next