LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 15 Oct 2019, 17:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 19:43 
Elite Contributor

fschmidt wrote:
Salome wrote:
But what makes you think it'd easier to date in Latin America?

I was rejected hundreds of times in America. Then I went to Mexico and met my wife in a week. I suggest you look at Happier Abroad for more. As a woman from Brazil, I don't think you can imagine how horrible it is to be a man in America.

Ok, so you presented a plan for incel's to get mates or DSR....and no one responded, despite the constant threads on this board about how they can't get DSR....What does this make you think people's willingness to solve their problems?

I had a thought...So I have my advice on getting DSR is very different then yours...however people on this board rejected both (by calling me a whiteknight and other various names, by you by simple not taking you up on this offer, even if people would fund it).

Does this trouble you?

I know we have very different outlooks on things, but you propose plan and get rejected, I propose a plan and get rejected. Interesting.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 19:46 
LS.com Legend

whitewolf0079 wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
Salome wrote:
But what makes you think it'd easier to date in Latin America?

I was rejected hundreds of times in America. Then I went to Mexico and met my wife in a week. I suggest you look at Happier Abroad for more. As a woman from Brazil, I don't think you can imagine how horrible it is to be a man in America.

Ok, so you presented a plan for incel's to get mates or DSR....and no one responded, despite the constant threads on this board about how they can't get DSR....What does this make you think people's willingness to solve their problems?

I had a thought...So I have my advice on getting DSR is very different then yours...however people on this board rejected both (by calling me a whiteknight and other various names, by you by simple not taking you up on this offer, even if people would fund it).

Does this trouble you?

I know we have very different outlooks on things, but you propose plan and get rejected, I propose a plan and get rejected. Interesting.

The reasons why people don't immediately apply fschmidt's advice is either because they can't afford to (travelling = expensive, and requires taking time off work = lost income), or because they aren't ready to take such a big step as moving to another country, or because one can't learn Spanish or Portuguese overnight.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 05:57 
Contributor

I'm starting to think people's obsessions with a land far away free of feminism and suddenly getting attention is the same reason why the first times women approached me at bars were when I was living in America.

I believed this was because American girls are these mythical creatures with morals different than the girls in Latin America, but could it be that I obviously acted different because I was living in a country whose culture is very different than the one in my region?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 07:26 
Poster

New-Yorker wrote:
oncebitten55 wrote:
I found this link to a guide to dating foriegn women, for what it's worth:
http://www.happierabroad.com/

Whatever it's worth, the reality is still that foreign dating only appeals to the guys who find it too difficult to compete for domestic girls. It has never been considered a top option; instead, the whole idea is based on the acknowledgement of one's inferiority (and hope that foreign women, for one reason or another, have lower expectations than domestic ones - whether it's true or not). I'm not saying it never works; for some men it does. But if you resort to it only as a result of the lack of luck on the local/domestic front, you're sending your self-esteem down the hill in a longer run. It would be hardly possible to erase this part of your biography, because your foreign wife would keep reminding you about it with her very being. As a way of emotional self-protection, you may try following fschmidt's (and Winston Wu's) suit, convincing yourself that what you have done (marrying a foreign wife) is something everyone should strive for. The problem is that, while it may be relatively easy to convince yourself in this, it's much harder to convince the society. As far as the society is concerned, a guy's inability to find a girl in a normal way makes him a loser. That's one of the reasons why I'm cautious about investing time and money in this thing.

The fact is men go abroad also because they prefer foreign women. Meaning even if they had the choice between a western woman and a foreign women, they'd choose the foreign women. So for these men, it's really irrelevant whether they do well in America or not because their outcome would of always been the foreign route. So this can't be construed in any way as a defeatist approach. To the contrary it's a sign of strength for rejecting domestic bitches.

Secondly, establishing your self-esteem based on an American woman's interest is the biggest sign of a loser I can think of. For that matter, establishing your worth on any woman's interest (foreign or domestic) shows you have no backbone to enforce your own standards. A sign of self-esteem is holding your standards regardless of what women think. Supposing it excites a woman to see a man lie, cheat and steal should a man evaluate his worth on how horrible a person he is?

Biblic Judaism Weekly Service | Saturdays 1:30 pm PST

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank drealm for the above post:
nookie monster, Departed, Seb
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 07:33 
LS.com Legend

drealm wrote:
New-Yorker wrote:
The fact is men go abroad also because they prefer foreign women. Meaning even if they had the choice between a western woman and a foreign women, they'd choose the foreign women. So for these men, it's really irrelevant whether they do well in America or not because their outcome would of always been the foreign route. So this can't be construed in any way as a defeatist approach. To the contrary it's a sign of strength for rejecting domestic bitches.

Secondly, establishing your self-esteem based on an American woman's interest is the biggest sign of a loser I can think of. For that matter, establishing your worth on any woman's interest (foreign or domestic) shows you have no backbone to enforce your own standards. A sign of self-esteem is holding your standards regardless of what women think. Supposing it excites a woman to see a man lie, cheat and steal should a man evaluate his worth on how horrible a person he is?

Spot on. :check:

No backbone + No risk= Lack of self-esteem. :toast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inwzOooXRU

"A Star on Earth; an Angel in Heaven" -Karen Anne Carpenter (1950-1983)
_______________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.padfield.com/1997/goodmen.html -"When Good Men Do Nothing".

Thanks  
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2012, 19:35 
Super Contributor

New-Yorker wrote:
Whatever it's worth, the reality is still that foreign dating only appeals to the guys who find it too difficult to compete for domestic girls.

I don't think this is entirely true. Every single guy I've ever known who married and/or dated a foreigner, including my own brother, never found it too difficult to compete for domestic girls. In fact, I've found quite the opposite to be true. None of these guys were even remotely LS or incel and had dated domestic girls. A lot of guys simply find Western women insufferable - it has nothing to do with any shortcoming the guys may have.

On the other hand...
My criticism of going the foreign route for LS/incel guys is based on the fact that a guy would still need to have the same attributes of confidence, physical attractiveness, and social skills to be successful with foreign women that they would have to have in order to be successful with domestic women. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many LS/incel guys overseas on these forums.

New-Yorker wrote:
It has never been considered a top option

And what would be a "top" option?

New-Yorker wrote:
...instead, the whole idea is based on the acknowledgement of one's inferiority (and hope that foreign women, for one reason or another, have lower expectations than domestic ones - whether it's true or not).

I'm not sure why you equate marrying/dating someone from another culture with inferiority?

New-Yorker wrote:
I'm not saying it never works; for some men it does. But if you resort to it only as a result of the lack of luck on the local/domestic front, you're sending your self-esteem down the hill in a longer run.

If anything, I would think you'd be sending the girls' self-esteem down the hill in the long run, not the other way around. The (foreign) girl might be disappointed when she discovers she just left her social circle behind for a guy that has none.

New-Yorker wrote:
It would be hardly possible to erase this part of your biography, because your foreign wife would keep reminding you about it with her very being. As a way of emotional self-protection, you may try following fschmidt's (and Winston Wu's) suit, convincing yourself that what you have done (marrying a foreign wife) is something everyone should strive for. The problem is that, while it may be relatively easy to convince yourself in this, it's much harder to convince the society. As far as the society is concerned, a guy's inability to find a girl in a normal way makes him a loser.

This is what many American women want to shame guys into believing and you're buying right in to their rhetoric.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank nookie monster for the above post:
mig-35 fulcrum, dilettante
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 02:17 
Borat

drealm wrote:
So this can't be construed in any way as a defeatist approach. To the contrary it's a sign of strength for rejecting domestic bitches.

I'm not arguing that foreign dating might be popular among some men simply as a choice, and that's fine. However, when discussed in the LS/incel forum, it seems that the reason this option keeps popping up is simply because American incel guys consider this as "the only option", which can be considered a defeatist approach.

drealm wrote:

This is a good point. But what would you suggest to do if I'm looking or a woman from a specific group (or a specific type) and most women of that group/type keep rejecting me. While it may be somewhat consoling to see women outside of that group/type showing some interest in me, but it doesn't help me much to become successful in getting what I'm really looking for, without settling for less. So, while measuring your own self-esteem solely against certain type of women may sound defeatist, there's nothing wrong in making yourself marketable among them, if they are what you're looking for.

oncebitten55, the phrase your quoted came not from me but from drealm.

nookie monster wrote:
I don't think this is entirely true. Every single guy I've ever known who married and/or dated a foreigner, including my own brother, never found it too difficult to compete for domestic girls. In fact, I've found quite the opposite to be true. None of these guys were even remotely LS or incel and had dated domestic girls. A lot of guys simply find Western women insufferable - it has nothing to do with any shortcoming the guys may have.

Again, I'm not disputing the existance of people marrying foreign out of free choice, and that's absolutely ok - as long as they did it from their heart. But I doubt that this is what comes to mind of those on this forum who advocate for foreign dating; these guys view it as a way out of incel.

nookie monster wrote:
I'm not sure why you equate marrying/dating someone from another culture with inferiority?

To those who don't equate it with inferiority, it's not. If it makes no difference to you, good for you. But I imagine that most people feel better about dating/marrying their own background; and if those people are put in a situation where foreign dating is presented as the only option they can afford, that's a problem.

nookie monster wrote:
If anything, I would think you'd be sending the girls' self-esteem down the hill in the long run, not the other way around. The (foreign) girl might be disappointed when she discovers she just left her social circle behind for a guy that has none.

Why is it so? If a girl with a background foreign to me rejects me solely because she's only looking for someone with her own background, I'm absolutely fine with that. That's her right, and I would respect it (perhaps because I'm share this view).

nookie monster wrote:
This is what many American women want to shame guys into believing and you're buying right in to their rhetoric.

But I've come to this way of thinking not because of American women. In fact I've never discussed this with any of them.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 02:29 
LS.com Legend

New-Yorker wrote:
oncebitten55, the phrase your quoted came not from me but from drealm.

You are correct. I made a mistake in attributing that
quote to you, not drealm. :headsmack:

My apologies, New-Yorker. :check:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inwzOooXRU

"A Star on Earth; an Angel in Heaven" -Karen Anne Carpenter (1950-1983)
_______________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.padfield.com/1997/goodmen.html -"When Good Men Do Nothing".

Thanks  
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 02:45 
Poster

New-Yorker wrote:
I'm not arguing that foreign dating might be popular among some men simply as a choice, and that's fine. However, when discussed in the LS/incel forum, it seems that the reason this option keeps popping up is simply because American incel guys consider this as "the only option", which can be considered a defeatist approach.

Supposing it's done as a last resort, but then turns into a preference the choice is still irrelevant. And this is what I suspect would be the case for most LS/Incels. I've yet to meet an incel/ls who's gone abroad and not had foreign women become a preference over domestics.

Second, you seem to identify any form of compromise as defeatist. So supposing someone wanted to date an American victoria secret model, but had to settle for an average overweight American woman - wouldn't this be "defeatist" by your standards?

New-Yorker wrote:
This is a good point. But what would you suggest to do if I'm looking or a woman from a specific group (or a specific type) and most women of that group/type keep rejecting me. While it may be somewhat consoling to see women outside of that group/type showing some interest in me, but it doesn't help me much to become successful in getting what I'm really looking for, without settling for less. So, while measuring your own self-esteem solely against certain type of women may sound defeatist, there's nothing wrong in making yourself marketable among them, if they are what you're looking for.

I don't know where this concept came from that you should change who you are to get women. Aside from basic hygiene and presentation you should let your personality and values sell themselves. This lets the compatible ones rise to the top and scares away the incompatible ones quickly.

Biblic Judaism Weekly Service | Saturdays 1:30 pm PST

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank drealm for the above post:
Small Pink Blob, loveablenerd
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 07:13 
Borat

drealm wrote:
Supposing it's done as a last resort, but then turns into a preference the choice is still irrelevant. And this is what I suspect would be the case for most LS/Incels. I've yet to meet an incel/ls who's gone abroad and not had foreign women become a preference over domestics.

Anyone has freedom to change his own mind. And if someone settles for something other than what he looked for but then he gets himself to like it even better, it's find at the end. But to count on that in the first place is a very risky business.

drealm wrote:
Second, you seem to identify any form of compromise as defeatist. So supposing someone wanted to date an American victoria secret model, but had to settle for an average overweight American woman - wouldn't this be "defeatist" by your standards?

No, I'm not defining "any form of compromise" as defeatist. Some things are more important, other are less important. Moreover, what's more important for one guy may be less important for another. To be considered "defeatist" in my opinion, a compromise would have to be (a) on something that has always been very important for the individual in question, and (b) done solely out of despair, after the individual gave up on finding what he really wants. It is healthy to change your mind; but it's not healthy to act against your mind without changing it first.

drealm wrote:
I don't know where this concept came from that you should change who you are to get women. Aside from basic hygiene and presentation you should let your personality and values sell themselves. This lets the compatible ones rise to the top and scares away the incompatible ones quickly.

I wish it was as simple as you present it here. If this was the case, there would've been no need in this forum. The problem with too many guys posting here, I believe, is that simply "being yourself" or "letting your personality flow" might not be good enough; i.e. it might not be producing desirable results. I agree with you that there's no point in completely changing ourselves. But certain personality (or looks) aspects that do impede the dating success must be modified.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 00:06 
Poster

Location: Between Central Florida, Brazil, a rock, and a hard place.
drealm wrote:

Quote:
I wish it was as simple as you present it here. If this was the case, there would've been no need in this forum. The problem with too many guys posting here, I believe, is that simply "being yourself" or "letting your personality flow" might not be good enough; i.e. it might not be producing desirable results. I agree with you that there's no point in completely changing ourselves. But certain personality (or looks) aspects that do impede the dating success must be modified.

But then, why change anything about yourself while not realizing that first of all, you aren't going to have everyone like you. Some people might accept you, while others may care less. That's on them. Like I said before, you have to do what is best for YOU. What may work for one person may not work for someone else. An Air Force captain at Canaveral Air Force Station once told me that,

"The only time you Fail in life is when you fail to TRY."
and,
"NOTHING WORTHWHILE was ever accomplished without failure along the way."
followed by,
"If you never failed at something, then that something was never WORTHWHILE."

I understood what he meant by that. During the early part of the the history of the American space program, it took many, many, many, many failures until the first rocket, Explorer I, was successfully launched in 1958, a few months after Sputnik I was launched. And somehow, the United States still made to the Moon first.

From my vantage point, I believe that the real problem is some of us here are giving up after so many times being rejected and others being critical and judgemental. Some are even having the audacity to accept what society tells them about relationships, however skewed they may be. I say screw society. Ever since I was disowned by my family, I had to learn over the years that society wasn't going to put a roof over your head, they are not going to feed you, they are not gong to take care of you when you're sick, they generally don't have your back, and most don't even care because they have their own shit to deal with. And then you have to be cognisant of the fact that there are others who are so insecure they will say and do terrible things behind your back and be "friendly" to your face all because they are jealous of your potential.

That happened to me once when a guy, who was trying to score on a foreign woman from Germany, was trying to "cock block" me and starting nasty rumours about me to her and anyone else within earshot who was interested. He even moved her in and moved me out, telling me that the girl felt creeped out by me. Well, that was all fine and dandy for him until one night he had to take the day off (we worked together in the same place). I then got a chance to talk to her one on one. Turns out that she was never creeped out by me at all, and even wondered why I didn't talk to her any more. Then I told her dude said all that because he was a "punk ass bitch" who acted all self-confident, but really wasn't confident that he could keep her. In fact, he was jealous about the fact that we [the girl and I] were college students, and he barely graduated high school, and we would talk for hours about Germany and other subjects that were way over his head. Her complaint was that he was smothering her, and the only reason she moved in with him was because he offered to let her live there for free if she slept with him. And they say it's not prostitution! :banghead: Anyway, the TRUTH prevailed, and soon after that night, their "relationship" crumbled, and when her visa expired, she left, and was not heard from again.

Now, this was supposed to be a cool and smooth guy, but in the end, he didn't keep the girl, and he ruined a good friendship with me. That girl was repulsed by his lies, and was tired of constantly having sex with him.

In short, I'm going to say that you stay who you are, no matter what New-Yorker, or anyone else here in this forum says otherwise, including me. It WILL pay off in the end -- trust me.

P.S. -- New Yorker, I am curious, are you suggesting that maybe some here should look into plastic surgery? I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 00:34 
Anti-feminist extremist

worldtraveler wrote:
But then, why change anything about yourself while not realizing that first of all, you aren't going to have everyone like you.

Yes, I think that if New-Yorker lived in Nazi Germany, he would cooperate with the Nazis in order to be accepted. I am not so flexible. I agree with these Kurt Cobain quotes:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for someone who I am not!"
"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

Quote:
An Air Force captain at Canaveral Air Force Station once told me that,

"The only time you Fail in life is when you fail to TRY."

Great quote for this forum.

Quote:
I say screw society.

I agree. Modern society has lost all morality. But I think you need an alternative, especially if you have a family. This is our focus over on the CoAlpha forum. I think a sound religious community offers the best alternative to mainstream culture.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank fschmidt for the above post:
worldtraveler
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 01:54 
Anti-feminist extremist

New-Yorker wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
You misunderstood my question. My question wasn't about dating a German woman today, it was about dating in German woman in Nazi Germany at that time.

Why deep so far into history? Today's Islamic society is not much better to us.

Because Islamic society isn't evil. My question has nothing to do with us versus them.

Quote:
fschmidt wrote:
Clearly you would have been rejected by German women for being Jewish, just as I am rejected by American women for being who I am. The point is that rejection by women in an evil culture does not reflect badly on a man.

It's a distorted perception. The Nazis hated the Jews because they're Jews, period. The Muslim anti-Semitism, while historically rooted in our unwillingness to embrace Mohammad's teaching, is currently fueled primarily by the conflict over the Land. But both have a clear definition of whom they hate.

Again you are missing my point. It makes no difference who hates who. My point is about changing to conform to an evil culture.

Quote:
But why do Americans hate you? who are you by definition that makes Americans (or, to be more precise, American women) hate you?

I explained this in some detail here. American women hate me because I am honest, intelligent, and don't put up with bullshit.

Quote:
Also, unlike German Nazis or Arab terrorists who killed innocent civilians, American women commit nothing immoral or unlawful by rejecting you; they have right to refuse someone they're not attracted to.

This is simply off topic and irrelevant to my point.

Quote:
Don't tell me Mexican or other foreign women feel obligated to go for men they don't like. For some reason the vast majority of men in this "evil culture" are in relationship. You've deemed it an "evil culture" because it rejected you. But what if you're not an ideal measuring unit to test a culture for being good or evil?

I am not the measuring unit. Why don't you try the Torah as a measuring unit of good and evil, and see how America stands up? Let's start with the ten commandments, all of which are routinely violated in modern America:

1. No other Gods.
Americans worship all kinds of idiotic fads like they were gods all the time.

2. No graven images.
America is a full of all kinds of harmful imagery.

3. Don't misuse God's name.
Modern religion does this all the time.

4. Keep the Sabbath.
Silly Jews think this only applies to them, but when Christians kept their Sabbath on Sunday, they had morality. You cannot have morality without taking a break from the world.

5. Honor your parents.
Not in America.

6. Don't murder.
Americans relish sending their army to murder people in other countries for no good reason.

7. Don't commit adultery.
America rewards women for committing adultery. Modern society is totally pro-adultery.

8. Don't steal.
America has institutionalized theft whereby the government steals from the people and supports corrupt bankers.

9. Don't lie against your neighbor.
Americans have become totally dishonest and lie against each other behind their backs without hesitation.

10. Don't covet other people's stuff.
America is driven by coveting. That drives consumerism. And of course depriving men of the basics, like a wife, is sure to cause plenty of coveting.

Quote:
I understand that you were brought up with no connection to Judaism, but you probably knew you're Jewish (at least you knew about Holocaust). So, if you felt so fed up with American society, you could have taken a flight to Israel, instead of drivign to Mexico. Or, if you picked Mexico for being geographically closest, you could have first inquired about the Jewish communities there.

As I explained, I knew nothing about Orthodox Judaism at the time. I only knew Reform Jews who I hated and so I wanted nothing to do with Judaism.

Quote:
It may not have been deliberate to begin with, but the matter of fact is that, yes, you have cut off your link in the chain of Jewish continuity. And by agreeing to participate in rituals that your ancestors preferred to die rather than do, you've virtually demonstrated that all your remarks about Holocaust have no relevance in your life, and you simply used to promote your agenda.

I have no link with "Jewish continuity" since I wasn't brought up in that culture. But the Holocaust still has plenty relevance to me since most of my family was killed in it. What I feel connected to is morality, and I don't care if that morality is Jewish or something else.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank fschmidt for the above post:
astrosleuth, loveablenerd, worldtraveler, Seb
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 03:53 
Borat

fschmidt wrote:
Yes, I think that if New-Yorker lived in Nazi Germany, he would cooperate with the Nazis in order to be accepted.

Here he is again with this Nazi bullshit! This time already accusing me in potentially cooperating with Nazis. That crosses the line already.

worldtraveler wrote:
But then, why change anything about yourself while not realizing that first of all, you aren't going to have everyone like you.

Of course not. The point it to have the people you want to like you actually like you.

worldtraveler wrote:
Like I said before, you have to do what is best for YOU.

So, what if the best for me is to be respected by certain people and/or to attract certain women? And what if those women/people don't like/respect me at the moment for one reason or another? Are you suggesting that I should convince myself that those are not the people I want to be respected by, or those are not the women I want to attract? This may be true. But what if it's not, i.e. what if I objectively believe that it's best for me to be liked/respected by those people?

fschmidt wrote:
Because Islamic society isn't evil. My question has nothing to do with us versus them.

Of course it's not. Violence against the wicked America on 9/11/01 does not make them evil at all. Neither does their violence against the Jewish state, which you obviously don't care about.

fschmidt wrote:
Again you are missing my point. It makes no difference who hates who. My point is about changing to conform to an evil culture.

Evil for one single reason - rejecting you. For the vast majority of people, it's somehow not evil.

fschmidt wrote:
American women hate me because I am honest, intelligent, and don't put up with bullshit.

And the vast majority of men who do marry in America are dishonest, unintelligent, and put up with bullshit? This sounds more like your personal agenda.

fschmidt wrote:
This is simply off topic and irrelevant to my point.

Of course, you have no answer on this one.

fschmidt wrote:
I am not the measuring unit. Why don't you try the Torah as a measuring unit of good and evil, and see how America stands up? Let's start with the ten commandments, all of which are routinely violated in modern America:

Somehow, America maintains itself as a home for the largest Jewish Orthodox community outside of Israel. Doesn't feel like an evil country.

fschmidt wrote:
1. No other Gods.
Americans worship all kinds of idiotic fads like they were gods all the time.

Unfortunaely... But which culture doesn't? Mexican?

fschmidt wrote:
2. No graven images.
America is a full of all kinds of harmful imagery.

And name the country with no harmful imagery whatsoever.

fschmidt wrote:
3. Don't misuse God's name.
Modern religion does this all the time.

And what does that have to do with America? A case can be made about the phrase on the dollar bill, but the original purpose of this phrase was to present America as a country of believers.

fschmidt wrote:
4. Keep the Sabbath.
Silly Jews think this only applies to them, but when Christians kept their Sabbath on Sunday, they had morality. You cannot have morality without taking a break from the world.

Yes, Sabbath has been given to the "silly" Jews whom you have betrayed. But if you lived in Germany in those years, the Nazis would treat you just like any other "dirty Jew", and your Catholic wife wouldn't be able to change that (even if she wanted to). And to your bullshit about how Christians "kee" "their" Sabbath on Sunday, can you explain how they are keeping it? In what way is Sunday for Christians different from any other day, other than because they go to church on Sunday? And where's that morality that is unique to Chirstians but not possessed by the Jews?

fschmidt wrote:
5. Honor your parents.
Not in America.

It's a baseless statement, reflecting more of your agenda than the objective reality.

fschmidt wrote:
6. Don't murder.
Americans relish sending their army to murder people in other countries for no good reason.

And how about rampant crime in some areas of your beloved Mexico?

fschmidt wrote:
7. Don't commit adultery.
America rewards women for committing adultery. Modern society is totally pro-adultery.

Again, name the culture that doesn't. Or, to be more specific, name the country that actively stands against it.

fschmidt wrote:
8. Don't steal.
America has institutionalized theft whereby the government steals from the people and supports corrupt bankers.

Don't tell me that other countries don't. Especially Russia in the early '90's.

fschmidt wrote:
9. Don't lie against your neighbor.
Americans have become totally dishonest and lie against each other behind their backs without hesitation.

See my response to #5.

fschmidt wrote:
10. Don't covet other people's stuff.
America is driven by coveting. That drives consumerism.

Can you offer any better way of doing business?

fschmidt wrote:
And of course depriving men of the basics, like a wife, is sure to cause plenty of coveting.

See my response to #5 or #9. Somehow, the vast majority of men in America are not deprived of a wife (certainly not in the Jewish community).

fschmidt wrote:
As I explained, I knew nothing about Orthodox Judaism at the time. I only knew Reform Jews who I hated and so I wanted nothing to do with Judaism.

I understand that. BUt it doesn't make you any more credible with bringing up Nazi analogy.

fschmidt wrote:
I have no link with "Jewish continuity" since I wasn't brought up in that culture. But the Holocaust still has plenty relevance to me since most of my family was killed in it. What I feel connected to is morality, and I don't care if that morality is Jewish or something else.
[/quote]

It appears to me that physical annihilation of human beings was the only tragedy of the Holocaust. Apparently, you have no sensitivity to the other side of it: the Jewish nation faced a threat of extinction. And this is something the assimilation (including your own intermarriage) effectively leads to - without endangering anyone's life. That's what I mean by saying that you've destroyed your link in the Jewish continuity.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 04:01 
LS.com Legend

Judaism is a religion, not an ethinicity.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next