Love-shy.com: Support for the dating-challenged - forum
http://www.love-shy.com/lsbb/

Overcontacting a girl - don't do it
http://www.love-shy.com/lsbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24271
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Mav998 [ 13 Jan 2014, 21:23 ]
Post subject:  Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Take a look at what this guy says. Seriously, I've made the mistake when I was younger when I was unaware what to do. Don't make the same mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as9ISl0b8UQ

Author:  Enginehead [ 13 Jan 2014, 21:55 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Not sure. Personally I'd go crazy and become very angry if the guy I love refuses to contact me on purpose.

Author:  Mav998 [ 13 Jan 2014, 22:22 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Enginehead wrote:
Not sure. Personally I'd go crazy and become very angry if the guy I love refuses to contact me on purpose.


I know several women who test on purpose to see if the guy will double contact. You have to wait at least a few days before contacting a girl again.

Author:  Enginehead [ 13 Jan 2014, 22:55 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Mav998 wrote:
Enginehead wrote:
Not sure. Personally I'd go crazy and become very angry if the guy I love refuses to contact me on purpose.


I know several women who test on purpose to see if the guy will double contact. You have to wait at least a few days before contacting a girl again.


Sometimes I do consider just waiting for a reply, but the process just drives me crazier.

Author:  Webley Tempest [ 14 Jan 2014, 13:02 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Enginehead wrote:
Not sure. Personally I'd go crazy and become very angry if the guy I love refuses to contact me on purpose.


That's fair enough, but Mav's message and the video he linked to, seemed to imply a focus on the courting stage. Whereas, what you wrote sounds a bit more like when something real/tangible has been established and maybe you're in a relationship already. I could be wrong.

Author:  Enginehead [ 14 Jan 2014, 15:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Webley Tempest wrote:
Enginehead wrote:
Not sure. Personally I'd go crazy and become very angry if the guy I love refuses to contact me on purpose.


That's fair enough, but Mav's message and the video he linked to, seemed to imply a focus on the courting stage. Whereas, what you wrote sounds a bit more like when something real/tangible has been established and maybe you're in a relationship already. I could be wrong.


Well, even if it's not someone I am interested in, when I message the person I hope that they respond as soon as they can. If they're busy I can understand, but if they take more than 24 hours to respond I'd get quite upset and at least quite annoyed. If they haven't respond for longer than that I take it that the message is dropped.

If it was just casual chatting though, I won't pressure anyone to respond quickly, though it still does bother me to some extent if they don't respond in time.

Author:  Tenda Lucas [ 14 Jan 2014, 15:17 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Clearly if the girl didn't get back to the guy in a timely manner, she's not interested. The fact that she asks him to text her back the next week makes this clear as day to anyone who's been in this situation before. She was blowing him off, and not in the good way. Don't fuck with these game playing jerks.

Author:  pacman5741 [ 17 Jan 2014, 18:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

I agree that it's not good to overcontact a girl, but since this is the LS forum, I think it's important to stress that it's also a bad idea to undercontact a girl as well. I've ruined countless opportunities by doing this to women who initiated contact with me. They just assumed I wasn't interested.

General rule: 1 message from her = 1 response from you

Author:  jeje [ 17 Jan 2014, 18:18 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

General rule: whatever you do, you do it wrong.

Author:  pacman5741 [ 17 Jan 2014, 18:24 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Idk, based on the moans and vaginal excretions I'm pretty sure I've done it right before.

Author:  jeje [ 17 Jan 2014, 18:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Mine is much bigger than yours!

Author:  Mav998 [ 17 Jan 2014, 18:58 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

pacman5741 wrote:
I agree that it's not good to overcontact a girl, but since this is the LS forum, I think it's important to stress that it's also a bad idea to undercontact a girl as well. I've ruined countless opportunities by doing this to women who initiated contact with me. They just assumed I wasn't interested.

General rule: 1 message from her = 1 response from you


I agree although it may not be bad for her to contact you 2 times for yours every once once you have started dating.

Author:  pacman5741 [ 17 Jan 2014, 21:43 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Mav998 wrote:
pacman5741 wrote:
I agree that it's not good to overcontact a girl, but since this is the LS forum, I think it's important to stress that it's also a bad idea to undercontact a girl as well. I've ruined countless opportunities by doing this to women who initiated contact with me. They just assumed I wasn't interested.

General rule: 1 message from her = 1 response from you


I agree although it may not be bad for her to contact you 2 times for yours every once once you have started dating.


Yeah definitely, and vice versa. The one message = one response thing is just sort of a general guideline that I try to follow whenever I go on a dating site or w/e.

jeje wrote:
Mine is much bigger than yours!


:(

In all seriousness though, my last post that you replied to was probably a bit insensitive to the pure incels on this board, so I apologize for that.

But I also stand by what I said about undercontacting a girl. No offense to the pure incels here, but many of them project their fatalistic attitudes toward DSR onto the pure love-shys and discourage them from making any progress or attempting to assert themselves sexually and/or romantically with a woman.

Author:  Seb [ 18 Jan 2014, 00:30 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

pacman5741 wrote:
Mav998 wrote:
pacman5741 wrote:
I agree that it's not good to overcontact a girl, but since this is the LS forum, I think it's important to stress that it's also a bad idea to undercontact a girl as well. I've ruined countless opportunities by doing this to women who initiated contact with me. They just assumed I wasn't interested.

General rule: 1 message from her = 1 response from you


I agree although it may not be bad for her to contact you 2 times for yours every once once you have started dating.


Yeah definitely, and vice versa. The one message = one response thing is just sort of a general guideline that I try to follow whenever I go on a dating site or w/e.

jeje wrote:
Mine is much bigger than yours!


:(

In all seriousness though, my last post that you replied to was probably a bit insensitive to the pure incels on this board, so I apologize for that.

But I also stand by what I said about undercontacting a girl. No offense to the pure incels here, but many of them project their fatalistic attitudes toward DSR onto the pure love-shys and discourage them from making any progress or attempting to assert themselves sexually and/or romantically with a woman.

Whilst I am a hard core incel, and I also have a very defeatist attitude, I have never discouraged the pure love Shys or anybody else from pursuing DSR, that's each mans own choice. My defeatist, or as you would say fatalist attitude comes from a lifetime of never ending rejection from women, and if that has discouraged anyone here, then I apologise, but I can only be honest about my experiences.

Author:  OdDCy [ 18 Jan 2014, 01:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: Overcontacting a girl - don't do it

Enginehead wrote:
Not sure. Personally I'd go crazy and become very angry if the guy I love refuses to contact me on purpose.

Exactly.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/