LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 10:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2014, 17:30 
Poster

20 times in 17 posts
I am just wondering why this correlates to our condition.

It doesn't happen by random chance.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2014, 18:27 
Poster

I had PTSD, and that does not have to be the result of being in a war. Natural disasters, riots, being the victim of a violent crime and other situations are very traumatizing to people psychologically. I had to overcome more than one traumatic situation on my own, which occurred when I was a child. If you have been in a traumatic situation with little or no support afterwards, you will have PTSD. It's as simple as that.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Bootes5714 for the above post:
AKU
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2014, 19:52 
LS.com Legend

I experienced this shit 3 years BEFORE high school. I also have a 15 year oneitis who I've only known for 3 years. Unrequited Love... Stockholm Syndrome... Call it what you want. Call it what you will. It doesn't change the fact that I still long for her on an emotional level. It also doesn't change the fact that I'm not emotionally "available" anymore. There's a very high possibility that I'm going to die before having the chance to "get over" her.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2014, 23:32 
Extensive Contributor

Bootes5714 wrote:
I had PTSD, and that does not have to be the result of being in a war. Natural disasters, riots, being the victim of a violent crime and other situations are very traumatizing to people psychologically. I had to overcome more than one traumatic situation on my own, which occurred when I was a child. If you have been in a traumatic situation with little or no support afterwards, you will have PTSD. It's as simple as that.

Well then I guess I still have PTSD, the traumas from my childhood have never been resolved, I've locked them in a box and pushed them to the back of the closet in my mind and try to forget but joy of joys sometimes I go to bed and relive them in my nightmares, and sometimes during the day a sound, smell or touch will just weird me right the fuck out, the way I look at it how is paying someone $100+ an hour supposed to make it ALL BETTER, I've had enough with counselors when I was a kid (half the time they didn't have a clue and the other they would tell me it was my fault) didn't help then so how's it supposed to help now.

They say just be yourself, what they mean is be yourself just so long as it conforms to our ideals

All the animals I eat, eat vegetables, so technically I'm a vegan

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2014, 02:37 
Poster

AKU wrote:
Bootes5714 wrote:

Well then I guess I still have PTSD, the traumas from my childhood have never been resolved, I've locked them in a box and pushed them to the back of the closet in my mind and try to forget but joy of joys sometimes I go to bed and relive them in my nightmares, and sometimes during the day a sound, smell or touch will just weird me right the fuck out, the way I look at it how is paying someone $100+ an hour supposed to make it ALL BETTER, I've had enough with counselors when I was a kid (half the time they didn't have a clue and the other they would tell me it was my fault) didn't help then so how's it supposed to help now.

I had to make peace with a lot of negative events in my life, it was the only way to save myself and put the PTSD behind me. Counseling with a good psychologist who works with people in our situation helps, but ultimately you have to let a lot of things go. Otherwise, they will drag you under. I don't even give the girls and women who rejected me one thought, because they are not worth the effort. I was married, I have enough experience with women and relationships to know both are fubarred and therefore unattainable for a man of my age. I know other men envy me because I come home to peace and quiet, and my cats at least appreciate the attention I give them.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2014, 09:56 
Extensive Contributor

The addition of too many negative social events during our youth and teens, romantic rejections, oneitis, going from place to place or constant chances etc over the years will definetly affected your brain in the end. One can only assimilate so much. All that trauma obviously causes one depression and social phobia. Those two elements lastly mentioned, will definitely‎ tire you and in the long run cause more social exhaustion. Currently i am on medication and i love it. I feel confortable being numb

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2014, 15:40 
Unique title holder

QWQWER wrote:

It happened to me by being and still being subject to abuse my whole childhood.
Trust me, most people would kill themselves after going through what I have.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014, 05:15 
Extensive Contributor

Bootes5714 wrote:
I had to make peace with a lot of negative events in my life, it was the only way to save myself and put the PTSD behind me. Counseling with a good psychologist who works with people in our situation helps, but ultimately you have to let a lot of things go. Otherwise, they will drag you under.

Congratulations on being able to get help, But " Counseling with a good psychologist" key word GOOD costs money I don't have, also it's bad enough I have to re-live what happened to me as a child in my nightmares but I haven't the strength to re-live them consciously and talk about them with a stranger, sorry but the only way I would be able to " Let it go" or as others have said "Get over it" is if I could track the fucker down that was the fist and major reason I have trust and emotional problems, I know :twisted: revenge :twisted: isn't the answer but sometimes it's the only option.

They say just be yourself, what they mean is be yourself just so long as it conforms to our ideals

All the animals I eat, eat vegetables, so technically I'm a vegan

Thanks  
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2014, 05:21 
LS.com historian

Highscores: 1
I can't say with any certainty that I have it (never been formally tested) but it wouldn't surprise me. I've been traumatized enough when I was younger.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2014, 15:48 
Poster

Struggling101 wrote:
QWQWER wrote:

Or they will kill others.........suicidal people are just as apt to kill someone else.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2014, 15:51 
Poster

AKU wrote:
Bootes5714 wrote:
I had to make peace with a lot of negative events in my life, it was the only way to save myself and put the PTSD behind me. Counseling with a good psychologist who works with people in our situation helps, but ultimately you have to let a lot of things go. Otherwise, they will drag you under.

Congratulations on being able to get help, But " Counseling with a good psychologist" key word GOOD costs money I don't have, also it's bad enough I have to re-live what happened to me as a child in my nightmares but I haven't the strength to re-live them consciously and talk about them with a stranger, sorry but the only way I would be able to " Let it go" or as others have said "Get over it" is if I could track the fucker down that was the fist and major reason I have trust and emotional problems, I know :twisted: revenge :twisted: isn't the answer but sometimes it's the only option.

Look, a lot of things happen in our lives we have NO power to change, let alone control. That is what you have to let go of so you can change what you do have control over.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2014, 17:16 
Unique title holder

Bootes5714 wrote:
Struggling101 wrote:
QWQWER wrote:

Or they will kill others.........suicidal people are just as apt to kill someone else.

Yeah thats true. Some people would kill themselves or kill their abusers. Or do what I've done and just suffer through it...

Thanks  
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2014, 00:01 
New Poster

Fuggles, is that you?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2014, 02:10 
Unique title holder

Captain Nemo wrote:
Fuggles, is that you?

Go fuck dory in the ass! lol :rofl:

Thanks  
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2014, 04:04 
New Poster

Struggling101 wrote:
Captain Nemo wrote:
Fuggles, is that you?

Go fuck dory in the ass! lol :rofl:

Fish don't have assholes to fuck. I give you a C for effort though.

Thanks