LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 09:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 00:19 
Offline
Poster

Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 07:00
Posts: 182
Thanks: 31
Thanked:
5 times in 5 posts
What steps are you guys taking to cope, relieve, or defeat LS/incel? What I did was to develop self-esteem, become more assertive, and practicing social situations often.

If there are any strategies that you can suggest for our fellow LS.com members, feel free to share and contribute!

_________________
Prostitution = not a job, not a choice.

The main men that call women "sluts" and "whores" are usually the ones who couldn't get it.

If you can read this, thank an educator! :D


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 00:40 
Offline
Poster

Joined: 06 May 2010, 15:50
Posts: 148
Thanks: 64
Thanked:
45 times in 28 posts
How did you develop self esteem? And could you please explain me your username? Sounds arrogant to me, but maybe I'm interpreting it the wrong way.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 02:26 
Offline
Unique title holder

Joined: 08 Apr 2014, 21:06
Posts: 2545
Thanks: 181
Thanked:
284 times in 241 posts
I'm working on moving out. It all starts there for me and hopefully once I turn 21 in two years I'll be able to move to Los Angeles. Pursue a career as a actor/screenwriter/author/etc.etc.
Thats what I am hoping for anyways. Be a combination of Woody Allen mixed with Sylvester Stallone mixed with Stephen King. Get rich get famous by doing something that I love, and beat incel/love shyness in the same process. Sounds like a good deal for me.

Also working on learning to let 21 year old future me worry about the acting shit. All I need to focus on is moving out on my own. In case you aint noticed I've got OCD.

I plan on going the escort route once I do move out and then hopefully I'll get rich once I do move to Los Angeles. God its going to be a relief.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Struggling101 for the above post:
Enginehead, metalized
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 04:44 
Offline
Endangered Chinese Sexual Tiger

Joined: 12 Jun 2014, 10:05
Posts: 667
Thanks: 3
Thanked:
153 times in 122 posts
Chamomile wrote:
How did you develop self esteem? And could you please explain me your username? Sounds arrogant to me, but maybe I'm interpreting it the wrong way.



No you got it right. Also don't by into its use of our or us in describing loveshyness. I'm sure we are dealing with a norm in disguise.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 15:36 
Offline
Poster

Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 07:00
Posts: 182
Thanks: 31
Thanked:
5 times in 5 posts
Struggling101 wrote:
I'm working on moving out. It all starts there for me and hopefully once I turn 21 in two years I'll be able to move to Los Angeles. Pursue a career as a actor/screenwriter/author/etc.etc.
Thats what I am hoping for anyways. Be a combination of Woody Allen mixed with Sylvester Stallone mixed with Stephen King. Get rich get famous by doing something that I love, and beat incel/love shyness in the same process. Sounds like a good deal for me.

Also working on learning to let 21 year old future me worry about the acting shit. All I need to focus on is moving out on my own. In case you aint noticed I've got OCD.

I plan on going the escort route once I do move out and then hopefully I'll get rich once I do move to Los Angeles. God its going to be a relief.


I wish you the best, glad you're being constructive!

_________________
Prostitution = not a job, not a choice.

The main men that call women "sluts" and "whores" are usually the ones who couldn't get it.

If you can read this, thank an educator! :D


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 15:52 
Offline
Poster

Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 07:00
Posts: 182
Thanks: 31
Thanked:
5 times in 5 posts
Chamomile wrote:
How did you develop self esteem? And could you please explain me your username? Sounds arrogant to me, but maybe I'm interpreting it the wrong way.


My self esteem, comes from the motivation to find success and to keep on trying. Sure I may fail at times but I cannot lose my desire to improve. I went through years of trying social situations and talking to men I may like. My username, lol, shows me that life is a neverending learning process.

Forlorn Hope wrote:
No you got it right. Also don't by into its use of our or us in describing loveshyness. I'm sure we are dealing with a norm in disguise.


Have something to contribute to the thread to help our fellow LS.com members? I'd love to hear what are you to doing to improve yourself, Forlorn.

_________________
Prostitution = not a job, not a choice.

The main men that call women "sluts" and "whores" are usually the ones who couldn't get it.

If you can read this, thank an educator! :D


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 17:20 
Offline
Unique title holder

Joined: 08 Apr 2014, 21:06
Posts: 2545
Thanks: 181
Thanked:
284 times in 241 posts
Teach and Educate wrote:
Struggling101 wrote:
I'm working on moving out. It all starts there for me and hopefully once I turn 21 in two years I'll be able to move to Los Angeles. Pursue a career as a actor/screenwriter/author/etc.etc.
Thats what I am hoping for anyways. Be a combination of Woody Allen mixed with Sylvester Stallone mixed with Stephen King. Get rich get famous by doing something that I love, and beat incel/love shyness in the same process. Sounds like a good deal for me.

Also working on learning to let 21 year old future me worry about the acting shit. All I need to focus on is moving out on my own. In case you aint noticed I've got OCD.

I plan on going the escort route once I do move out and then hopefully I'll get rich once I do move to Los Angeles. God its going to be a relief.


I wish you the best, glad you're being constructive!


Yeah well its just hard having OCD. Anyway, regardless I'm moving to Los Angeles even If nothing comes of my showbiz career. I just want to live there so bad.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 22:30 
Offline
Poster
User avatar

Joined: 14 May 2012, 21:58
Posts: 487
Thanks: 4
Thanked:
225 times in 141 posts
I already have a college education, car, job and apartment, plus several certifications and other accomplishments.

At the moment, trying to exercise more, learn another language, and learn piano. More importantly, try not to let others walk over me so much.

Throughout my life, people always act so condescendingly to me, to the point where they almost treat me like a child. At work in particular it's like this. It's just that it's often so subtle and frequent that I've never batted an eyelash. So I try to be more assertive. Like if someone tries to teach me something at work that's so obvious (because sometimes they'll perceive my introversion as incompetence), I'll now say something like, "Yes, I'm already aware of how that works" in a somewhat strong tone. I try not to be rude about it, but it's one of those "you have to be there to understand" sort of things where you can just know they think you're a weak idiot. Or when I was at the DMV and something stupid happened (surprise surprise), I quite sternly gave a suggestion on how they ought to change their process... which is usually out of character for me.

So yeah, long story short, I try to command respect when I feel like people start to push my buttons, but it's easier said than done.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
The following users would like to thank TheLoneTree for the above post:
Teach and Educate
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2014, 01:11 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 19:07
Posts: 6231
Thanks: 317
Thanked:
1023 times in 597 posts
Swing dance class. Haven't asked out any girl yet...not sure I will. If she says no (and given my history, she likely will), then I couldn't ask another girl there without being labeled a creep. For now, I'm just trying to expand my social life (which is virtually nonexistent otherwise). And while a lot of the same girls come every week, new ones come too. Hopefully, if I just keep going and talking to people, I'll find some girl who's interested in more than dancing with me.

_________________
You know that sweet, innocent girl you keep thinking might give you the time of day? This is the guy she's banging.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2014, 01:55 
Offline
Elite Contributor

Joined: 29 Jun 2010, 01:45
Posts: 2644
Thanks: 70
Thanked:
526 times in 411 posts
Not really trying to improve my standing with women. The thing is, I know I'm not that bad (even after all the bitching), but the situation I'm in makes it impossible to actually do anything with a woman.

I did try the exposure method to meet women, though I found most of them were completely unavailable to me, and I was not in a place where I could really say anything about that. It wasn't very fun and just reinforced a lot of things I already knew. The really bad thing about that is, now women know through the grapevine that I'm still a fuckup, whereas before I might have been able to pass for at least better than I am. At the time I figured I wasn't getting any younger... and now I'm older with nothing to show for it. Too old to be screwing around.

My current situation is that I will hear out any woman who shows interest, but I will not make any proactive moves to meet women nor adjust my life (such as it is) to accomodate them. Any woman who wants to be with me would have to deal with a lot of delays that she really doesn't want to deal with (understandably), but it's better this way. I've already planned on being alone for the rest of my life, and whatever I do with a woman is secondary to... other things, which I can't really discuss on an open forum.

_________________
Fuck Breitbart.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2014, 03:29 
Offline
Endangered Chinese Sexual Tiger

Joined: 12 Jun 2014, 10:05
Posts: 667
Thanks: 3
Thanked:
153 times in 122 posts
Nothing worse than when over and over you strike up a conversaion with some random female or even a dude and it is just so painfully obvious that there is no interest on their part on actually taking part in this conversation. There are exceptions. Someone stuck at work will lower their standards because talking to a socially crippled fugly chud is better than just staring off into space. There is also sometimes when you get people persons who are friendly towards everyone and you notice they are like that with everyone which of course means nothing.

I still am a chatty cathy because I am geared that way but all it does is serve as a reminder of how hopeless things are.


But please go on about how I am a shut in who doesn't even try. That sounds legit.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2014, 03:47 
Offline
Elite Contributor

Joined: 29 Jun 2010, 01:45
Posts: 2644
Thanks: 70
Thanked:
526 times in 411 posts
Yeah.. the self-improvement douches do a lot to tear down other people, moreso than normal people who just don't give a shit. I've learned to disregard people who use self-help cliches, and if they persist I go on a rant about how their beliefs are a lot like Scientology. All hail Xenu.

I can't really hold conversations with most people. Some people, the way they talk is so disgusting I cannot treat them as though they are actual people, and invariably the feeling is mutual with such people. People who talk in certain ways, I just will not say a word to them, and if they break down and cry (which happens from time to time) I will laugh to myself and say that they bring it on to themselves. It is funny how committed those people are to double-standards, and how quickly they fall apart when they don't have a gang of brutes enabling them. Most of the time I just don't have any interests in common, and I think it suits both parties to avoid prolonged contact.

I can criticize my own manner of speaking and make small adjustments, but at some point I realize that even if I accommodate the demands others tell me to, they will just create new ones or just lie and laugh to my face. After enough attempts of that, I just said to hell with it and make myself as negative as possible, in a effort to keep such people away from me. Some of these people take it as an invitation to attack me - I might avoid conflicts if I fake a smile, but it also tells me whether someone is a valid person or a pig based on how quickly they attack me, and saves me a lot of trouble.

_________________
Fuck Breitbart.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2014, 18:00 
Offline
Poster

Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 07:00
Posts: 182
Thanks: 31
Thanked:
5 times in 5 posts
SuckstobeLoveShy wrote:
Swing dance class. Haven't asked out any girl yet...not sure I will. If she says no (and given my history, she likely will), then I couldn't ask another girl there without being labeled a creep. For now, I'm just trying to expand my social life (which is virtually nonexistent otherwise). And while a lot of the same girls come every week, new ones come too. Hopefully, if I just keep going and talking to people, I'll find some girl who's interested in more than dancing with me.


That's an excellent idea!

_________________
Prostitution = not a job, not a choice.

The main men that call women "sluts" and "whores" are usually the ones who couldn't get it.

If you can read this, thank an educator! :D


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2014, 17:44 
Offline
LS.com Legend

Joined: 01 May 2011, 19:45
Posts: 5330
Location: Brunssum (Netherlands)
Thanks: 1223
Thanked:
1598 times in 1040 posts
Teach and Educate wrote:
What steps are you guys taking to cope, relieve, or defeat LS/incel? What I did was to develop self-esteem, become more assertive, and practicing social situations often.

If there are any strategies that you can suggest for our fellow LS.com members, feel free to share and contribute!


I'm doing nothing, which is all I can do. At this point I don't believe any woman will ever find me attractive, never mind sleeping with me for free.

_________________
Petition against the criminalization of the clients of prostitutes. Sign it!

- Emperor Wilhelm II

Image

"The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage. The virtuous man is driven by responsibility, the non-virtuous man is driven by profit."


- Confucius

"Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength".

- Me

Myths About Atheism: http://www.love-shy.com/lsbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16314 For all to see :)


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2014, 18:57 
Offline
Endangered Chinese Sexual Tiger

Joined: 12 Jun 2014, 10:05
Posts: 667
Thanks: 3
Thanked:
153 times in 122 posts
Onkel Willie wrote:

I'm doing nothing, which is all I can do. At this point I don't believe any woman will ever find me attractive, never mind sleeping with me for free.


An honest question.

It is because you tried over and over and failed.
Is it because you get out there and be social and no women ever show any interest in you.
Is it because you were targeted and bullied by just about everyone and figured those same people wouldn't fuck you.
Or did you look in the mirror and just figure it out.

Because many trolls here seem to assume everyone is in the last situation whereas I am guessing you like most of us came to your figering via long years of jedi teaching experience.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group