LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 26 Sep 2017, 11:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2015, 23:27 
Poster

This is a good thread so I'll going to necro it.

What I am trying to do to improve:

1. The most pressing issue is organising a proper treatment program for my ADHD; I need to get back to university. My psychiatrist is very slow to make his mind up, unfortunately. Nonetheless, I have been led to believe that with medication and some coping strategies I will notice some improvement in my ability to isolate and sustain focus (which in turn should also help me with women). I am trying to chase him up and have a Plan B to seek a second opinion in case things don't turn out well.

2. Once I have these chronic issues under control, I have a plan to start teaching myself more advanced music theory, especially Classical form. I will also resume piano lessons and want to make a commitment to spending at first 30 mins a day on music, hopefully moving up to 2 hours a day over time.
3. I also want to get my body fat percentage down to 15 while maintaining my weight. I am about halfway towards this goal already, but my first priority is to just go to the gym three days a week, consistently.
4. I also want to learn strategies that will help me cope with my depressive moods, and regulate my emotions better. I sometimes worry about things spiralling out of control and can become paralysed, unable to act. I would really like to be able to consciously choose when to feel things strongly, and when to dismiss emotion.

5. At the same time as this I want to start meeting women. My primary options are through student parties and also my interests like music (e.g. lunchtime concerts and also orchestral concerts). I also want to exploit funerals and family reunions. Basically...any opportunities to meet girls where I already have an opening and above-average probability of scoring.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 05:18 
New Poster

For me impart self improvement involved leaving my dead end job. Beyond that I'm still attempting to figure out things.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 14:09 
New Poster

For one, I have been studying material about how to attract women, and have learned a good deal from it. However, I often think that I may have learned too late, because I am now 50 years old. I'd hate to think that, just as I have learned the skills, mindsets, and strategies for sucess with women, that my age may be becoming a significant barrier. Over the past few years, I have joined numerous meet-up groups that are geared towards dating and sexuality. Although I have used some techniques that I had learned, My age has been causing a lot of problems with my self-esteem.

I feel that, at 50, I might be losing sex appeal, and that it may make it more difficult to attract women, than it was when I was in my 20s. I've also heard some people say that, by being 50 years old while having no dating experience, most women would find that to be a real turn-off, and that makes it harder to envision myself as a sexy guy.

OK, that's the problem; now it's time to focus on the solution again. Due to my age, I've spent a lot of time researching the "dating scenes" for various other countries, and searching for a country where huge age gaps are more common in boyfriend-girlfriend relationships. I found that The Philippines and Thailand are 2 such countries.
Since my incel issue has been going on nonstop for over 20 years, I feel that it's time to leave the USA for a while.

My goal now is to move to the Philippines or a similar country, as it may give me a "second lease on life". At 50, I feel that my self confidence would be much better, when finding myself in a culture where 50 is still generally considered sexy, rather than "Over the Hill", and "sexually inferior", as it's often viewed in the USA.
I feel that, by being in a different culture like that, and combining it with the new social skills that I've learned, I might finally succeed at pulling myself over the edge, into boyfriend-hood for the first time in my life.
Another advantage I think I'll have, is that, by being in a different culture and speaking a different language, it may be more difficult for the women to notice that I have Asperger's. When learning and speaking a second language, etc. I may seem a bit unusual, but so do others. The women can easily conclude that any awkwardness, etc. is explained by being new to their culture and language. Here in the USA, such awkwardness often has no other explanation than Asperger's, etc.

Now, my related goal is to become a "digital nomad" (one that earns income by working online), because they can live in nearly any country they want to, as the online work would not require a work visa, like a traditional job would.

A stimulating sex life is on my bucket list, as I've been "dreaming" about it since the 1980s, and I'm not about to give up as long as I'm still living.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2016, 19:11 
Poster

I think you are all barking up the wrong tree. There is no point in improving yourself. If you don't have the looks, or badboy image either accumulate currency or give up. Its that simple. Even then its just about impossible. I am 5' 8'' tall, white, clean, healthy, have friends and interests and I earn about £75,000 a year (not boasting but my line of work pays well), I own my own home, 2 cars and a holiday home. However, I cannot for the life of me meet any woman who is not either a single mother with 3 illegitimate children (in various colours from various badboys) looking for a beta provider, a slag looking for a one night stand, a goldigger or a washed up 40 something that has hit the wall, and who wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire 20 years ago looking to settle for a ''nice guy''. It is basically fucked my friend. If you are not good looking, a badboy or earning well in excess of £300K a year, don't even bother, disappointment and humiliation are all that await you.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Givenupscotlanduk for the above post:
metalized
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2016, 10:13 
New Poster

I have studied material that's geared towards effective strategies to attracting women. However, I feel that that's not enough by itself. Although I feel that I had gained some "points" for learning, and finding new resources (which I didn't have in 1992), that progress seems to be offset by apparent age-related issues.

That was a real concern, because I had been feeling quite unsexy (due to a deteriorated sexual self-image, and apparent "signs" of being (as I sometimes describe it) "A weed in the garden of human sexuality"). I can go more into detail in another post. [answer coming soon] With such confidence-threatening thoughts, I one's in no condition to even try to attract women. I feel that I need to move to another culture -- one that's more prosperous for single American men, than the USA's is. After decades of "getting nowhere" (well, never enough to reach a sexual level) with women. I think that my biggest source, of hope, to find more prosperity, is to spend a year (or 2) in the Philippines, or some similar-type place. No, I don't expect to get laid on my first night there, but if I gently mingle in, and combine the skills that I have learned from PUA-ish material, that may be enough to pull me over the edge.

It appealed to me when I heard that, in the Philippines, it's not unusual to see a 50-60-year-old man with a 20-30-year-old man. Just the thought of seeing a "hot" woman, in the arms of a man who's older than I am, would give me the feeling of still being young enough to "fit in" to the sex/dating/romance scene (which seems long gone here in the USA, as I'm 50 y.o.).

Yes, I know to be careful, and to watch out for the unwanted "gold diggers", etc. Perhaps I can even turn issue into a way to practice, by standing my ground, and diverting any of her possible attempts, to "use" me (in such a case). I've learned that women are generally more attracted to men who set standards, and adhere to them -- than they are to passive men who are "easy to use", as the latter tends to imply lack of sufficient energy, etc.

Thanks