LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 21:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A New Voice...
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 03:45 
LS.com Legend

Fonduman wrote:
You're also mistaken if you think I actually care about the thread beyond a few laughs, seeing as I have a naked girl lying beside me as I type this

I cropped out any inappropriate degree of skin, but I like how her hair falls on her shoulders...

show off
:pfft:

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank IceCat7 for the above post:
dilettante
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 15:03 
New Poster

Fonduman wrote:
I like how her hair falls on her shoulders...

Creepy...

Thanks  
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 15:06 
LS.com Legend

APrettyLady wrote:
Fonduman wrote:
I like how her hair falls on her shoulders...

Creepy...

confirmed troll

case closed

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank IceCat7 for the above post:
The Lurker, dilettante, The Love God
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 16:54 
Unique title holder

dilettante wrote:
so which one is worse: her or teach & educate? trololololol

oh & struggling, she might be able to help you, no? yall got that southern twang/proximity goin so maybe meet up?

i feel like im trolly in my posts today. it must be the lunar new year. kung hei fat choi :D

I believe I'll pass, also I don't say "y'all”.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Struggling101 for the above post:
IceCat7
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2015, 03:04 
Elite Contributor

Location: Trapped inside my own mind somewhere on this hunk of rock.
dilettante wrote:
men vs womens requirements for relationship (using movies as measuring yardsticks):

men: girl next door
women: the world is not enough

This is why male contraceptives need to be released. It would take away 90% of women's control over men's lives and futures. No more traps, no more state enforced slavery and no more paternity fraud. Women's independence would be eclipsed by men waking up and realizing that they now actually have options and don't really have to put up with DSR bullshit.

Women would have three options:
(1) Stop acting like entitled princesses and accept the men they 'deserve' instead of deluding themselves into thinking they deserve Mr. Perfect.
(2) Keep being difficult and watch as men start using them only for sex and refuse to marry/have kids with them.
(3) Do without men altogether and live the same lonely, sexually frustrated lives we incels live.

There is a possibility that this sort of thing could level the playing field and make many of us quiet, shy guys a bit more enticing to women.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank cerebral_barrier for the above post:
The Love God
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2015, 04:11 
LS.com Legend

bro... ever heard of condoms? Or simply pulling out :(

Thanks  
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2015, 17:44 
Elite Contributor

IceCat7 wrote:

Did you ever hear of condoms breaking? or the terms 'pre-cum' and 'pre-ejaculatory fluid'? Have you ever heard of women poking holes in condoms or stealing them after you take them off?

In any case, men shouldn't have to be on full alert every single time we have sex; especially when we are the only ones who face any real consequences. Otherwise, what's the point of having sex if you're so worried about getting screwed over that you can't even enjoy it?

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank cerebral_barrier for the above post:
WanderingVagabond
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2015, 00:46 
Bitches love lasers.

cerebral_barrier wrote:
IceCat7 wrote:

Did you ever hear of condoms breaking? or the terms 'pre-cum' and 'pre-ejaculatory fluid'? Have you ever heard of women poking holes in condoms or stealing them after you take them off?

In any case, men shouldn't have to be on full alert every single time we have sex; especially when we are the only ones who face any real consequences. Otherwise, what's the point of having sex if you're so worried about getting screwed over that you can't even enjoy it?

To be fair, research suggests that pre-cum only has sperm as a result of picking up sperm from a previous ejaculation still in the urethra. It's possible that if it's been a day or so since your last ejaculation, there would be no live sperm in pre-cum. But it's a little much to risk it.

Male contraceptive pills would be great, but I don't think it would really change the gender dynamics that much.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2015, 01:52 
Elite Contributor

To be fair, research suggests that pre-cum only has sperm as a result of picking up sperm from a previous ejaculation still in the urethra. It's possible that if it's been a day or so since your last ejaculation, there would be no live sperm in pre-cum. But it's a little much to risk it.
You are correct but your mileage may vary. For example, at the height of my relationship with my ex, we were having sex 5-7 a weekend. Even with condoms and/or pulling out, I was paranoid as hell and it often led to me not being able to cum at all.
Fonduman wrote:
Male contraceptive pills would be great, but I don't think it would really change the gender dynamics that much.

The male contraceptive I'm talking about is not a pill. It's an injection (vasogel) that works like a reversible vasectomy. Clinical trials are supposed to start in 2017. I'm watching closely for complications/side effects.

A dynamic change wouldn't come immediately but it would come eventually and it would definitely have some kind of an effect. Right now, women have the monopoly on sex and reproduction. It's a seller's market and they have ALL the goods. If you want sex, you have to go through a woman. If you want kids, you have to go through a woman. If you don't want kids, well... It's still up to the woman. By taking away a woman's ability to force children on men, you take away half of her power. When enough men wake up and realize that marriage is essentially male suicide, you take away even more of women's power and you force them to approach DSR in a different way.

Look at it this way; I apparently broke my ex's heart by refusing to marry her/have kids with her. Could you imagine the effects on society if that repeatedly happened to women everywhere? The smart ones would ask themselves "why doesn't he want to start a family with me?" and eventually, they'd figure out that most men wouldn't even bother with them if it weren't for sex.

Eventually they would have no choice but to change their approach to DSR or end up permanently volcel and lonely. If you starve someone long enough, they'll eventually learn to appreciate even bread and water. If they don't learn, future generations will.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2015, 02:25 
Bitches love lasers.

cerebral_barrier wrote:
You are correct but your mileage may vary. For example, at the height of my relationship with my ex, we were having sex 5-7 a weekend. Even with condoms and/or pulling out, I was paranoid as hell and it often led to me not being able to cum at all.
Fonduman wrote:

The male contraceptive I'm talking about is not a pill. It's an injection (vasogel) that works like a reversible vasectomy. Clinical trials are supposed to start in 2017. I'm watching closely for complications/side effects.

A dynamic change wouldn't come immediately but it would come eventually and it would definitely have some kind of an effect. Right now, women have the monopoly on sex and reproduction. It's a seller's market and they have ALL the goods. If you want sex, you have to go through a woman. If you want kids, you have to go through a woman. If you don't want kids, well... It's still up to the woman. By taking away a woman's ability to force children on men, you take away half of her power. When enough men wake up and realize that marriage is essentially male suicide, you take away even more of women's power and you force them to approach DSR in a different way.

Look at it this way; I apparently broke my ex's heart by refusing to marry her/have kids with her. Could you imagine the effects on society if that repeatedly happened to women everywhere? The smart ones would ask themselves "why doesn't he want to start a family with me?" and eventually, they'd figure out that most men wouldn't even bother with them if it weren't for sex.

Eventually they would have no choice but to change their approach to DSR or end up permanently volcel and lonely. If you starve someone long enough, they'll eventually learn to appreciate even bread and water. If they don't learn, future generations will.

But the current imbalances are due to hypergamy and promiscuous culture. Male contraception would do little to change that.

Women forcing children on men happens, but it's not a normal occurrence as such. You say that men are only with them for sex, but contraception won't change that, unless large numbers of women are only securing relationships by forcing children on men. I just don't see this as too relevant to the larger current problems.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2015, 02:50 
Contributor

Well, if men don't have kids with women... what future generation?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2015, 04:22 
Elite Contributor

Fonduman wrote:
But the current imbalances are due to hypergamy and promiscuous culture. Male contraception would do little to change that.

Women forcing children on men happens, but it's not a normal occurrence as such. You say that men are only with them for sex, but contraception won't change that, unless large numbers of women are only securing relationships by forcing children on men. I just don't see this as too relevant to the larger current problems.

Close, but that's not quite what I'm getting at.

I'm talking about letting the promiscuous, hypergamous idiots at the top keep playing their game. Anyone not attractive enough to compete at the top tier will be slowly forced back toward the level at which they belong, although, it will take a while. Women lose a considerable amount of their desirability by having another man's kids. This messes things up for both sides because single moms have a harder time finding a mate and many men aren't interested in a pre-made family.

I think the key is to reduce the number of single parents in the equation, and let hypergamy sort the rest of us out based on our individual qualities. A lot of marriages/relationships continue simply because children are involved. You'll see a lot of men who have the looks/money to sleep around using women for 'fun'. I think most women would get tired of being 'used' as a quick fix by higher tier men. After all; if a guy is a 8 or 9 in terms of looks and can sleep with 8s 9s and 10s on a frequent basis, do you really think he'll waste time (much less marry) a 4 or 5? Those 4s and 5s may start to have more realistic expectations and eventually 'learn their place' and take what they can get. Sometimes, that may mean accepting an average looking guy with a nice personality or a handsome but inexperienced/less wealthy guy.

The reason I think this could eventually work is because I (a love-shy male) get contacted on a noticeable basis by single moms who admit to their dating success rate is terrible. I also have reason to believe that some of the single moms I work with would go out with me. Let's say one of these single moms wasn't a mom and she had a personality that I actually enjoy; I would probably go out with her and I'd be off the market. As such, other mid to lower tier women may find they are limited to shy/inexperienced men. If They're smart, they too will stop being so picky and snatch up the best guy (inexperienced or not) they can get. Anyone (man or woman) with a bad attitude or too stubborn to fall in line will end up alone. In time, this trend may filter down and could help everyone find a match.

To answer Ember's question; the next generation would be born of couples who decide together that they want children. The selfish or career oriented would reserve their right not to reproduce and as such, they would be unable to teach their selfish ways to the new generation.

This is all just theoretical supposition but I think the idea of giving men increased reproductive rights would, at the very least take away some of the distrust and animosity men and women have toward each other. It doesn't fix everything but it's a start. I know for a fact that I would be a lot more open minded if I knew I had some kind of control over what happens to me when I get involved with a woman. Right now, the dating process is a nightmare.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2015, 04:43 
Contributor

Quote:
To answer Ember's question; the next generation would be born of couples who decide together that they want children. The selfish or career oriented would reserve their right not to reproduce and as such, they would be unable to teach their selfish ways to the new generation.

I think this is way, way too optimistic. Selfish people aren't worried about society at large - and men who do not have wages to garnish or assets to protect can spend copious amounts of time impregnating multiple women. The empirical evidence of the last 70 years is not sufficient for me to trust people to be 'responsible.'

I recognize, CB, that control of your life and future and your ability to attach consequences to behavior would lead you to take advantage of male birth control. I very much doubt that those men AND women who's societal investment or self-control/restraint that would benefit society the most are going to be taking advantage of that control.

*I don't begrudge men more reproductive control (for the record). I just don't see that being sufficient for people to start working together.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Ember for the above post:
cerebral_barrier, fschmidt
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2015, 06:08 
Elite Contributor

The idealist (ie; fool) in me wants to believe that people are capable of doing the right thing. The realist in me knows most people will choose what they want over what is fair, but doesn't want (can't afford) to admit it. This is the fine line I walk everyday.

In any case, Vasogel is supposed to be semi-permanent; it doesn't wear off and must be purposely reversed. Also, they say it will be very affordable. If this is true, only the malicious and truly ignorant would go around shotgunning their seed all over the place. I still think it has a chance; just not right away.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2015, 06:17 
Contributor

Quote:
The idealist (ie; fool) in me wants to believe that people are capable of doing the right thing. The realist in me knows most people will choose what they want over what is fair, but doesn't want (can't afford) to admit it. This is the fine line I walk everyday.

And....I have no reasonable response...

Anyhow, thanks for a thought provoking discussion

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next