LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 16 Sep 2019, 05:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 67  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 00:30 
Offline
bolloxcel!

Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 22:16
Posts: 1550
Thanks: 8
Thanked:
6 times in 5 posts
acorn wrote:
IMO if you were to train hard and smart for say 6 months, you'd be pretty darned pleased with the results Edison.
the first step is to get really motivated-focus on all the benefit's- and then comment 100% to the task ahead, pay the price. next get informed about bast practices-google, books, advice from people you know,online forums etc. your maybe what they call a "hard-gainer" somewhat slow to make desired gains, if so not to worry any as there's ways to "overcome" this.
Its late now but IL post some more tomorrow.


You are starting off skinny which gives you a good starting point as you do not need to shift a load of excess body fat before you start adding muscle.

I think 6 -12 months. You will notice the difference before others do.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 16:11 
Offline
bolloxcel!

Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 22:16
Posts: 1550
Thanks: 8
Thanked:
6 times in 5 posts
Suggested diet for "Skinny and not Making Much Progress" courtesy of Muscle and Fitness Magazine.

Waking
(7.30am).

1 scoop whey protein in water

Breakfast (8am)

Large bowl porridge + sugar
Granary toast with peanut butter
Orange juice
Weight Gain shake

10.30am

2 tuna & cucumber sandwiches
Banana

12.30pm

Chicken breast
Vegetable soup
Granary bread with olive oil spread
Salad
Low fat yoghurt

3pm

6 oatcakes
Tub cottage cheese
Apple

45 mins pre-workout - weight gain shake


TRAIN

Post workout (asap)

2 scoops whey protein + dextrose


7.30 pm

Lean steak or pork chops
Jacket potatoes or basmati rice
Large serving vegetables
Low fat yoghurt

10 pm

Large bowl whole wheat cereal with sugar

11.30 pm - beddy bo bo's

1 scoop whey protein in skimmed milk

You should vary the meat fruit and vegetables and include coffee and plenty of water. The diet is high in protein with some sugar. The weight gain supplement is high calories but low fat.

Note there is NOTHING for booze, shagging, pizza ,burgers, KFC, drugs, parties.......... In practice one cheat day a week is possible but if you are going to eat crap like burgers then do so in moderation.

Bear in mind it takes 3 DAYS to build muscle - day one is training day when the muscle is stressed and the fibres broken and days 2 and 3 are spent in repair hence the importance of diet. If you train hard then get shit-faced for the next 2 days you will never progress. If you train hard then spend the next 2 days eating pizza you will just get fat.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 18:14 
Offline
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2006, 12:07
Posts: 677
Thanks: 8
Thanked:
20 times in 14 posts
Thank you guys. I do realise a well designed diet is essential if I want to put on some muscle. According to what I've been told, I should be having five meals a day consisting mainly of proteins and carbohydrates, which means eating meat, eggs, nuts, cheese, beans, cereals, rice, potatoes, pasta, etc. Sticking to this kind of diet will be hard for me, because I tend to eat very little. By the way, I didn't know I wasn't allowed pizza... Doesn't it count as pasta (i.e. carbohydrates)?

Quote:
the first step is to get really motivated-focus on all the benefit's- and then comment 100% to the task ahead, pay the price. next get informed about bast practices-google, books, advice from people you know,online forums etc. your maybe what they call a "hard-gainer" somewhat slow to make desired gains, if so not to worry any as there's ways to "overcome" this.


Right now I'm starting to get really motivated. After reading some of the posts here and studying the way women behave, I've come to the conclusion that looks are what really matter. I'm tired of getting the "you're a nice guy with many good qualities, but you're not my type" routine, which is code for "had you been hot enough, I would have dated you, but it's not the case". I had always thought there was nothing I could do to help that, but this thread has given me hope. You guys claim it is possible to significantly increase one's attractiveness. It requires time and effort, but if this will get me the female attention I want, it will all be worthwhile. So I'll follow your advice and next month I'll start hitting the gym.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 19:01 
Offline
bolloxcel!

Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 22:16
Posts: 1550
Thanks: 8
Thanked:
6 times in 5 posts
Edison wrote:
Thank you guys. I do realise a well designed diet is essential if I want to put on some muscle. According to what I've been told, I should be having five meals a day consisting mainly of proteins and carbohydrates, which means eating meat, eggs, nuts, cheese, beans, cereals, rice, potatoes, pasta, etc. Sticking to this kind of diet will be hard for me, because I tend to eat very little. By the way, I didn't know I wasn't allowed pizza... Doesn't it count as pasta (i.e. carbohydrates)?

Quote:
the first step is to get really motivated-focus on all the benefit's- and then comment 100% to the task ahead, pay the price. next get informed about bast practices-google, books, advice from people you know,online forums etc. your maybe what they call a "hard-gainer" somewhat slow to make desired gains, if so not to worry any as there's ways to "overcome" this.


Right now I'm starting to get really motivated. After reading some of the posts here and studying the way women behave, I've come to the conclusion that looks are what really matter. I'm tired of getting the "you're a nice guy with many good qualities, but you're not my type" routine, which is code for "had you been hot enough, I would have dated you, but it's not the case". I had always thought there was nothing I could do to help that, but this thread has given me hope. You guys claim it is possible to significantly increase one's attractiveness. It requires time and effort, but if this will get me the female attention I want, it will all be worthwhile. So I'll follow your advice and next month I'll start hitting the gym.


Good, good. Hope is a word we like.

Pizza is a no no. Sorry. Full of fat, salt, sugar. Most fast food is crap.

There are exceptions but you don't really see muscley guys without girls - just look around you and you will see what you mean.

One tip I mentioned earlier is to keep a detailed log of the weights you shift so you can see the progression and know you are getting somewhere. Also you tend to get a lot of hot women at gyms.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2009, 08:06 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jan 2008, 06:42
Posts: 7140
Thanks: 295
Thanked:
851 times in 566 posts
this is semi off topic so if people respond I may split this post, but I went to a forum that NewHope recommended, and found a post stickied;

http://bodyweightculture.com/forum/show ... #post59939

Quote:
My work is next to the park.
I get to the park at 8am. I workout for an hour and at 9am I start work.

So today, I am on the monkey bars and two cops walk over.

"Get out of the playground" One of them said. I said "Ok, why"? He told me that I can't be here without a child. So I walked to my job. My boss saw through the window and he told me that I don't have to leave the park before 9 am, that's the law.
So I walked back. The cops pulled the car over, (too lazy to get out again) and yelled, "do you want to be arrested, ha? " I calmly walked over to tell them that it's after 9am, I can' be there. So one screams, "step away from the vehicle." So I stop, he get's out. "What the f--k is your problem?"
I said that's it's after 9am that I can't be here. He goes it's 9:15. I said it's 8:15. He goes, " I don't know if you are f-king pediphile, but if I see you near children, I will rip your balls off" (This is a cop talking.)
Than he goes. "Don't be f--king cheap" "Join a f--king gym" This is a place for the kids, not for weirdows who like to f--k around"

So I finished my work out. I called a near prinsinct and told them about it. My boss was going to leg me even go there to file a report. The guy on the other line acted sarcastic. Basically sounding like, nothing will happen to the cop for his outrageous behavior.

I don't know what is worst. The attitude on the fat cop, who probably never did more than the trigger pull test or the fact that a sight of someone doing bodyweight exercises in the park transfers into a potential criminal.

Long rant, thanks for reading.

Any ideas?

P.S. I will still workout there, when I need to.


this kind of shit makes me hate our society so fucking much. I want it to fucking burn so I can laugh my ass off. I don't care if that means I'm burning too. I'll still laugh at all the other fuckers crying.

_________________
"If you are 25 and not a liberal you have no heart, if you are 35 and not a communist you have no brain." - Me.

https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/sta ... 5046990848


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2009, 09:55 
Offline
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2006, 12:07
Posts: 677
Thanks: 8
Thanked:
20 times in 14 posts
epicbleedinfailure wrote:
Good, good. Hope is a word we like.

Pizza is a no no. Sorry. Full of fat, salt, sugar. Most fast food is crap.

There are exceptions but you don't really see muscley guys without girls - just look around you and you will see what you mean.

One tip I mentioned earlier is to keep a detailed log of the weights you shift so you can see the progression and know you are getting somewhere. Also you tend to get a lot of hot women at gyms.


Hope is a word I like too. And right now, it seems working out and putting on muscle is my last hope of finding a girl.

By the way, the typical gym hottie is waaaaaaaaay out of my league. I wouldn't even dream of hitting on them. Being surrounded by attractive self-confident males, that scrawny shy guy in the corner would be the last person they'd pay attention to.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2009, 10:46 
Offline
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 04:59
Posts: 527
Thanks: 83
Thanked:
225 times in 78 posts
NEWHOPE'S "SUPER STUDLY LENTIL STEW" RECIPE

I just thought I'd share a good-tasting, low-calorie dish that eats like a motherfucking meal. This is great for people who need to shed some pounds and it also doubles as a pretty damn good pre-workout dish for those who are already in good shape.

1 pound of dry lentils
1 16 oz can of taco sauce
1 cup of chopped jalepeno peppers
1/4 teaspoon of cumin
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 cup coarse diced turkey sausages

Boil 8 cups of water and then just throw everything in at once, cover and simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. BAM! Easy as motherfuking cake :). This batch should last you a few days at least.

Lentils are praised as being one of the best foods for losing weight and also they are a slow acting carb as opposed to the starchy types found in potatoes. The jalepenos not only give this lentil stew some kick, but it's been shown that spicy peppers help rev up the metabolism for fat loss.
I cook the lentils in with the can of taco sauce so that the flavor will be absorbed.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2009, 11:48 
Offline
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2006, 12:07
Posts: 677
Thanks: 8
Thanked:
20 times in 14 posts
By the way, NewHope, it was reading your posts that inspired me to start working out (I haven't started yet, but I'm planning on doing so next month). After almost four years of trying to beat this incel/love-shy shit, I've realised I've wasted my time. It doesn't matter if you're the smartest, wittiest, funniest, nicest guy in town. If you're scrawny or obese, no average-looking girl - let alone a hottie - will be interested in you in a romantic or sexual way. It's tough, but that's life. To be honest, I would never date or have sex with an obese woman even if she had the best personality in the world, so I can't complain about getting the same treatment.

Slowly and painfully, I've come to realise that, at the end of the day, looks are almost the only thing that matters in the dating game.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 19:01 
Offline
Extensive Contributor
User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 13:11
Posts: 1754
Location: nowhere
Thanks: 135
Thanked:
191 times in 111 posts
I took Ethnocide's advice on work out at home and I followed this thread. And after 1 and a half months of consistent workout. I scheduled 3 mini-dates(not very serious things) for next week. I dont think my looks changed that much in one month but I guess my confidence changed. It also affected how women perceived me physcially I guess. So Ethnocide rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murders, and for a time they may seem invincible, but in the end they always fall, always.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 20:04 
Offline
bolloxcel!

Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 22:16
Posts: 1550
Thanks: 8
Thanked:
6 times in 5 posts
mig-35 fulcrum wrote:
I took Ethnocide's advice on work out at home and I followed this thread. And after 1 and a half months of consistent workout. I scheduled 3 mini-dates(not very serious things) for next week. I dont think my looks changed that much in one month but I guess my confidence changed. It also affected how women perceived me physcially I guess. So Ethnocide rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"Mini-dates", do you mean dwarfs ? Is there a dating site for the vertically challenged ?


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 20:08 
Offline
MOST AWESOME WIMMIN EVAR
User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2009, 20:33
Posts: 825
Location: California, U.S.
4 times in 2 posts
epicbleedinfailure wrote:
"Mini-dates", do you mean dwarfs ? Is there a dating site for the vertically challenged ?


Yes.

_________________
"A woman's solution is never the right one." - Dude


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 20:28 
Offline
Extensive Contributor
User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 13:11
Posts: 1754
Location: nowhere
Thanks: 135
Thanked:
191 times in 111 posts
epicbleedinfailure wrote:
mig-35 fulcrum wrote:
I took Ethnocide's advice on work out at home and I followed this thread. And after 1 and a half months of consistent workout. I scheduled 3 mini-dates(not very serious things) for next week. I dont think my looks changed that much in one month but I guess my confidence changed. It also affected how women perceived me physcially I guess. So Ethnocide rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"Mini-dates", do you mean dwarfs ? Is there a dating site for the vertically challenged ?


Actually they are not dwarfs but since they are not the women I really want I guess they are like practice dates for me. Also I never see a dwarf female in my life.

_________________
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murders, and for a time they may seem invincible, but in the end they always fall, always.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 23:17 
Offline
bolloxcel!

Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 22:16
Posts: 1550
Thanks: 8
Thanked:
6 times in 5 posts
mig-35 fulcrum wrote:
epicbleedinfailure wrote:
mig-35 fulcrum wrote:
I took Ethnocide's advice on work out at home and I followed this thread. And after 1 and a half months of consistent workout. I scheduled 3 mini-dates(not very serious things) for next week. I dont think my looks changed that much in one month but I guess my confidence changed. It also affected how women perceived me physcially I guess. So Ethnocide rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"Mini-dates", do you mean dwarfs ? Is there a dating site for the vertically challenged ?


Actually they are not dwarfs but since they are not the women I really want I guess they are like practice dates for me. Also I never see a dwarf female in my life.


Oh, ho ho, heigh ho. If they were dwarfs they would be cheap to take out as one assumes they would not eat very much.

Anyway, enough silliness from me. To go from nothing to three practices in one go is a darned good effort. Just don't tell these dates that they are only practices as one fears they may take a fence, no ...offence.


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009, 16:46 
Offline
T-800, moderator version
User avatar

Joined: 20 Apr 2009, 13:10
Posts: 8290
Thanks: 95
Thanked:
1322 times in 761 posts
mig-35 fulcrum wrote:
I took Ethnocide's advice on work out at home and I followed this thread. And after 1 and a half months of consistent workout. I scheduled 3 mini-dates(not very serious things) for next week. I dont think my looks changed that much in one month but I guess my confidence changed. It also affected how women perceived me physcially I guess. So Ethnocide rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Very glad to hear this. Yeah, getting into good shape changes you mentally much more than physically. The world becomes a challenge you feel you can tackle instead of a place you need to hide from. People see you differently just from the look in your eyes and your mannerisms. It would always be my first recommendation for both incels and love-shys.

_________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kurzweil


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2009, 02:13 
Offline
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 00:24
Posts: 555
Thanks: 34
Thanked:
5 times in 5 posts
i bought some weight gain formula that you mix with milk, tried it for a bit then gave up.

_________________
Whoever loves becomes humble. Those who love have, so to speak, pawned a part of their narcissism.
- Sigmund Freud


Top
 Profile  
Thanks  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 67  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group