LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 25 Nov 2017, 03:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 09:58 
Super Contributor

foxyproxy wrote:
Yeah, I'm a bit of a volume whore myself too. Although I generally don't tend to "Volume Whore" too often, at most once a month usually. I do love the feeling in the proceeding days afterwards though, few things in life come close. Sex with a hot woman is probably the only thing that results in a better feeling. :P

Heh, this reminds me of what Arnold said:

Quote:
Well, this morning I went pretty hardcore with the volume whoring - I did a total of 80 deadlifts in the gym! :twisted:

150kg 3x5 (Workset - Double my Bodyweight)
130kg 2x5
100kg 3x5, 1x10
80kg 1x10
60kg 2x10

l know I'm going to pay for it tomorrow though, since my back, glutes and hamstrings are all on fire now. :lol:

So...did you pay for it? :P

Thanks  
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 10:05 
Super Contributor

Well, today was only 4 days after doing deadlifts, so I tested the waters with back squats first and planned on switching over to front squats as soon as my back was breaking down too much- and surprisingly, back squats went so well that I never switched over and just did the usual Monday squat workout! So it looks like my back is now more or less adapted to doing deadlifts- hence, I won't be doing front squats, and thus won't be recording them, any time soon :coolbeans: From here on out I'll just post any interesting records or random sets.

I hit 405 lbs for 3 reps followed by 415 lbs for 1 rep today, the same as last Monday. I didn't think to record these sets either time, since to be honest both times I was sure I wouldn't get above 405 lbs for 1, and doubted I'd be able to do 415 lbs for 1 after a set with 405! It looks like I may have 420 in me next time I test my one rep max :wink:

Thanks  
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 15:06 
Elite Contributor

Lykos wrote:
Heh, this reminds me of what Arnold said:

I wouldn't quite go that far about the pump feeling that good, at least for me. But it does feel pretty damn good. Nothing beats seriously pumped lats after a back workout, you feel as if you have to walk through a door sideways. :D

Lykos wrote:
So...did you pay for it? :P

Not as much as I thought I would, I was sore Sunday and a little bit yesterday, but I'm okay again today.

I was expecting to be fucked for the week after it. :P

Thanks  
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2015, 18:45 
Elite Contributor

foxyproxy wrote:
Yeah, I'm a bit of a volume whore myself too. Although I generally don't tend to "Volume Whore" too often, at most once a month usually. I do love the feeling in the proceeding days afterwards though, few things in life come close. Sex with a hot woman is probably the only thing that results in a better feeling. :P
Clearly you haven't tried heroin.

I've never felt a so-called "pump" that feels anything remotely like an orgasm. I think Arnold may have a strange genetic mutation if that's the feeling he gets, and if so then it's no wonder that he would spend several hours in the gym every day. Or maybe you only get the feeling when you're on steroids.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 00:44 
T-800, moderator version

Nature Boy wrote:
foxyproxy wrote:

I've never felt a so-called "pump" that feels anything remotely like an orgasm. I think Arnold may have a strange genetic mutation if that's the feeling he gets, and if so then it's no wonder that he would spend several hours in the gym every day. Or maybe you only get the feeling when you're on steroids.

No idea why Arnie said that. Burning and pain are the only sensations I feel. More intensity=more burning. It sucks. I hate the feeling. It produces beneficial results though, so I endure it. I wish lifting weights felt like an orgasm, I bet most people do.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 06:40 
Super Contributor

Ethnocide wrote:
Nature Boy wrote:
foxyproxy wrote:

No idea why Arnie said that. Burning and pain are the only sensations I feel. More intensity=more burning. It sucks. I hate the feeling. It produces beneficial results though, so I endure it. I wish lifting weights felt like an orgasm, I bet most people do.

Strange. While I feel the burning and pain, too, at the same time once a set becomes intense or voluminous enough, each rep feels like a mini-orgasm. A long set feels kind of like a drawn-out orgasm, actually. It is so exhilarating. Even some of my "powerups" feel orgasmic.

Also, I have actually achieved literal orgasms/ejaculations doing pullups/chinups and certain abdominal exercises.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 16:30 
Elite Contributor

So when you're volume whoring you're actually masturbating?

So much for asceticism, eh? >:-D

Thanks  
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 23:34 
T-800, moderator version

Lykos wrote:
Ethnocide wrote:
Nature Boy wrote:
foxyproxy wrote:

Strange. While I feel the burning and pain, too, at the same time once a set becomes intense or voluminous enough, each rep feels like a mini-orgasm. A long set feels kind of like a drawn-out orgasm, actually. It is so exhilarating. Even some of my "powerups" feel orgasmic.

Also, I have actually achieved literal orgasms/ejaculations doing pullups/chinups and certain abdominal exercises.

Jesus Christ man.

The closest thing I've come to feeling aroused while training, is when I'm sparring with someone, and knock them out accidentally. Or if I'm rolling with someone higher than me in jiu jitsu, and I choke them unconscious. There's just something about looking down at an unconscious person you've just dominated, that sends pleasant chills through the body.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2015, 20:07 
Elite Contributor

Ethnocide wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Ethnocide wrote:
Nature Boy wrote:
foxyproxy wrote:

Jesus Christ man.

The closest thing I've come to feeling aroused while training, is when I'm sparring with someone, and knock them out accidentally. Or if I'm rolling with someone higher than me in jiu jitsu, and I choke them unconscious. There's just something about looking down at an unconscious person you've just dominated, that sends pleasant chills through the body.

I've gotten horny in the gym myself before, but it's usually down to some hot woman with an amazing ass squatting in tight gym gear close by. :lol:

For me with the pump it's more the feeling where you feel much bigger than you actually are that I like, but no way I'd rate it anything close to how good an orgasm feels. DOMs is a feeling I love too, but not because of how debilitating it can be, it's more down to being satisfied to know that I had a good grueling workout session 1/2 days before.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2015, 21:25 
Super Contributor

Can't say I get sexually aroused beating someone up.

That's sort of fucked up IMO.

I remember in high school how annoyed my older brother was when I showed up around his "social situations". I remember the look of disgust he gave me and the scoffing. Telling me to go away, I was an embarrassment to be associated with. My younger brother and his friends had made an interview style video where each took turns talking about how much of a loser I was...I found the recording. Perhaps that was intentional.
I remember the high school social media club (the kind that make year book videos) approached me to interview, pulled me from class, in the hallway, camera in my face, snickers and hostile mocking. I knew why they were there and I wasn't happy. When the video came out, they showed only a brief clip of my fear and embarrassment, then showed something else.
My social status was obvious.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 23:04 
T-800, moderator version

SuperBetaMan wrote:

It's not really sexual arousal, just something somewhat similar to it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 07:34 
Super Contributor

SuperBetaMan wrote:

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 07:36 
Super Contributor

Nature Boy wrote:
So when you're volume whoring you're actually masturbating?

So much for asceticism, eh? >:-D

:lol:

Puts those videos into a whole new perspective, doesn't it >:-D

Yeah...to be honest, weight training doesn't work as a self-discipline tool to a high degree for me anymore. I have to do other exercises that fulfill that function (like enduring cold, patiently meditating, etc.)

-

Ethnocide wrote:
Jesus Christ man.

Like you said in your next post, these "orgasmic" feelings are not necessarily sexual. Sometimes they are (as shown by achieving literal orgasm/ejaculation before), but sometimes they are more "generalized".

What you describe here, though, I feel in general. It is associated with exertion, struggle, and triumph: completing a long book, solving a difficult math problem, lifting a heavy weight, sprinting to exhaustion, physically dominating somebody, enduring a fatigue drill. Sometimes this feeling is sexual, sometimes it isn't- but the feelings are all similar. A set with a bunch of bicep curls feels like having an orgasm in my bicep, for example.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 07:42 
Super Contributor

A couple new record videos to post.

Got 405 lbs for 4 on high bar, below parallel back squats the other day, for the first time ever. Again, though, I didn't think I'd get any more than 2 reps, so I didn't bother to record. Man...I need to start believing in myself :lol:

I did, however, record the two sets after that. Here is the footage:

First, 415 lbs for 1:

Since 415 lbs went so well, I attempted 420 for the first time ever. Here is the result:

Considering I did this after 405 for 4 and 415 for 1, I may have 425 in me fresh (at the least I would have less form breakdown at 420).

Notice those three high school kids in the background :lol: every one of their heads turned to watch me do 420. I think they are simultaneously admiring the weight and laughing at all the noise and commotion I am making (plus at what a close call it was- it looked like I was going to fail for a second). I don't blame them- it does sound pretty fucking funny.

Three days later I did deadlifts again, peaked at 525 lbs for 1. The powerup is so fricken long in this one...I wasn't sure I'd be able to lift it. I felt like I had to collect all of the energy from the Earth to lift it, like Goku building up his spirit ball :lol: Skip to 22 seconds if you just want to see the lift:

Comparing my form, speed, and control here to those at 520 lbs for 1, I think I had 525 in me that day I first did 520, so for this reason I wasn't too excited about this record. I'll be happier when my 525 looks more like my 520 last time. On the other hand, though, I didn't get the greatest sleep the night before, and my back was still a little sore and not fully healed from the squats three days before (hitting that new record took a lot out of me!), so considering these factors it wasn't a bad deadlift day at all.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015, 11:04 
Elite Contributor

Jesus... One rep max Squats & Deadlifts in the one week. That is a whole new level of hardcore dude. :P

BTW, I like your way of going into "Beast Mode" to up the intensity just before you actually do your lifts, or your powerup as you call it. I hadn't really been doing something similar before, although experimenting myself with one the last month has been cool. It's like the more charged you are before the lift the easier it'll be.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank foxyproxy for the above post:
Nature Boy
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next