LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 25 Sep 2017, 23:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017, 09:12 
New Poster

2 times in 1 post
Did a Craigslist posting per parameters laid out on this thread.
I need to open a deep fry all you can eat catfish place like Rudy's BBQ.
I sent 17 emails today to the FBI with the emails sent to me trying to steal cc money.

Personally I want online to work cause everything else is basicly asking for me to forget love sex and everything nice.

Im more than willing to be proven wrong and admit so when I am.

DO NOT EVER take that as shyness or weakness. I consider it humbleness.

My issue is not effort but rather a woman does need to say yes for going out. Make Belive imagination dating DOES NOT COUNT.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 20:50 
Poster

I've made some progress on the online dating front, I've got one number and the promise of meeting for coffee later in the week
What now?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 22:59 
Moderator Femme Fatale

zx123 wrote:
I've made some progress on the online dating front, I've got one number and the promise of meeting for coffee later in the week
What now?

What was the last interaction between you? If you for instance, felt like you did the chasing up to ask and are waiting to hear back then I wouldn't message again. Leave it to her.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2017, 20:56 
Contributor

zx123 wrote:
What now?

Well remember that nobody here is exactly an expert on dating (!!), but I would say if there are several days before you meet up, you should send her a txt saying how much you are looking forward to meeting her.....

Then, work out where you want to take her, and also some nice things that you want to say to her. If you work them out ahead of time, you will probably manage to say some of them, instead of just mumbling! Also figure out somewhere else to offer to take her for the following date.

Do you have any idea what sort of thing she likes?

FS

Thanks  
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2017, 03:04 
Poster

zx123 wrote:
What now?

Call her and have a conversation and try to build some rapport. If you build up some rapport and get on well over the phone, she'll be looking forward to your date.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2017, 19:44 
Poster

Don't get me started. Three years ago, I started with Tinder, after being goaded by my sister. You like people, people like you, sometimes you like each other. Sometimes she responds right away, sometimes they don't respond at all. I've tried all sorts of openings, from the "I like x from your profile, did you also like x2?" or the "Hey, watcha doin?", or the "Attempt at Joke relevant to her interests". I basically varied it, because the Others varied it too to me. Then, I felt the pool was getting shallower - just not my type of girl anymore (too much 'cheapness', and if there's one thing I will not do, it's cheap, meaningless sex. Looking for a relationship, not a hookup. (reason why? Because I have to get comfortable around someone before getting intimate and that just takes me several dates (dozens of hours) at least)) ). I then switched to e-matching and okcupid - both payed. People a little more serious - except OkCupid, you run into the odd 'experimental' type - lesbian couples looking to spice it up and such. Yes, people will like you at first and then ignore your. I've liked people, only to unlike them later when reading their bios. I guess some people don't bother... Now, in my second year, it feels like a drag and I don't know if I'll renew the subscription. So much of the profiles are the same: if I had a dollar for every profile that listed 'Intouchables' as favorite movie and 'Barcelona' as favorite getaway destination...I'd be Scrooge McDuck.

Anyway, still, on with the grind. We have to learn to accept rejection. I know it's tough, but so is life and we all have a cross to bear. And especially when glimmers of hope are few and far between, it's so tempting to raise your hopes, only for them to crash harder. (I was -still am- one of those "She said Hi. We're getting married!" overly enthusiastic hopefuls). Is it all unjust? Unfair? Feels so. Is it rigged against us? Maybe. Does it hurt? Every. Damned. Time.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2017, 21:32 
Contributor

BrickInWall wrote:
Don't get me started. Three years ago, I started with Tinder, after being goaded by my sister. You like people, people like you, sometimes you like each other. Sometimes she responds right away, sometimes they don't respond at all. I've tried all sorts of openings, from the "I like x from your profile, did you also like x2?" or the "Hey, watcha doin?", or the "Attempt at Joke relevant to her interests". I basically varied it, because the Others varied it too to me. Then, I felt the pool was getting shallower - just not my type of girl anymore (too much 'cheapness', and if there's one thing I will not do, it's cheap, meaningless sex. Looking for a relationship, not a hookup. (reason why? Because I have to get comfortable around someone before getting intimate and that just takes me several dates (dozens of hours) at least)) ). I then switched to e-matching and okcupid - both payed. People a little more serious - except OkCupid, you run into the odd 'experimental' type - lesbian couples looking to spice it up and such. Yes, people will like you at first and then ignore your. I've liked people, only to unlike them later when reading their bios. I guess some people don't bother... Now, in my second year, it feels like a drag and I don't know if I'll renew the subscription. So much of the profiles are the same: if I had a dollar for every profile that listed 'Intouchables' as favorite movie and 'Barcelona' as favorite getaway destination...I'd be Scrooge McDuck.

Anyway, still, on with the grind. We have to learn to accept rejection. I know it's tough, but so is life and we all have a cross to bear. And especially when glimmers of hope are few and far between, it's so tempting to raise your hopes, only for them to crash harder. (I was -still am- one of those "She said Hi. We're getting married!" overly enthusiastic hopefuls). Is it all unjust? Unfair? Feels so. Is it rigged against us? Maybe. Does it hurt? Every. Damned. Time.

I wonder what goes wrong for you. I mean you certainly must send out a lot of messages. It is easy to 'fall in love' with every girl you decide to message, but that is not helpful! I mean a lot of them will have already met someone, but still be on the site - at least until the next payment is due.

Have you actually had any dates? My theory is that a really LS man has to endure a few dates that don't go anywhere, just to get used to the experience - then suddenly things can improve rather amazingly.

I can well understand that you want to get to know a girl a bit before going to bed with her, but you probably can't tell from their profile whether this is something they would want to do. It is best to message at least some girls who don't display a picture of their face, or who are less attractive. They will probably want to get you too before going to bed, and they will have far fewer messages from other men.

If a few lesbians use the site to try to attract a man to join a threesome, well just ignore them - those sites are used by lots of people, and you only need to meet one nice girl.

FS

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10