LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 27 Jul 2017, 07:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2011, 19:22 
Moderator Femme Fatale

CAPSLOCK wrote:
ukshygirl wrote:

Hi, Ukshygirl. :mrgreen:

Hi CAPSLOCK :-)

Thanks  
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2011, 19:58 
Poster

While we're on the subject, has anyone had any problems with OkCupid fudging up the town/distance between people?

I've been talking to a girl for a few weeks (She actually messaged me first), and OkCupid says that she lives 24 miles away from me. However, I looked up her town in Google Earth, and it's about 120 miles away from where I live! I've seen other people on the site with the same town as her, and it lists them as being the true 120 miles away.

Did she put in a zip code that's 24 miles away from me, and OkCupid screwed up her town name? Or did it screw up the distance? 'Cause 120 miles is kind of far, and I liked her too... :|

Thanks  
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 22:41 
Contributor

2 times in 2 posts
Dic_Soupcan wrote:
While we're on the subject, has anyone had any problems with OkCupid fudging up the town/distance between people?

I've been talking to a girl for a few weeks (She actually messaged me first), and OkCupid says that she lives 24 miles away from me. However, I looked up her town in Google Earth, and it's about 120 miles away from where I live! I've seen other people on the site with the same town as her, and it lists them as being the true 120 miles away.

Did she put in a zip code that's 24 miles away from me, and OkCupid screwed up her town name? Or did it screw up the distance? 'Cause 120 miles is kind of far, and I liked her too... :|

Could be that there's two towns of the same name and she's selected the wrong one when setting up her profile.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:09 
LS.com Legend

Been awhile since I updated but think I will to give more details about the actual dates. What worked, what didn't...etc.

Although to be completely honest, I am giving this gig a break for awhile. The women wear you out.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011, 16:00 
Contributor

Rossini wrote:
Been awhile since I updated but think I will to give more details about the actual dates. What worked, what didn't...etc.

Although to be completely honest, I am giving this gig a break for awhile. The women wear you out.

Keep checking back though, I found that women would sometimes come back!

I think a lot of your advice was sound, but I ended up sending messages to women who didn't have pictures of themselves (some put up nothing, others put up flowers or whatever). I decided they would have fewer men chasing them!

I also found it emotionally knackering, but ultimately it worked - so what the hell!

FS

Thanks  
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 01:01 
Contributor

i just signed up to plenty of fish today and kept my profile pretty brief and casual

i am about 5 foot 11 but i made me 6 feet as well thanks to rossinis advice and also when i spike my hair i look about 6 feet anyway

i am thin but i have a slight beer gut so when i weigh myself, i am about 180 pounds which overall doesnt seem thin to me and so i said average as far as body type, i think saying thin will scare some women off, let them decide how thin i am when they meet me in person

my photo is just me in a casual pose with casual clothes on, not overdoing it or necessarily posing for it

a real relaxed smile and facial expression

i drink almost daily but i said social drinker, again to not scare some women off

i only drink that much cuz i am bored and hangin with the guys, but if i was dating a woman, i wouldnt be drinking that much anyway so it would be more socially then

sometimes its good to appear to be just basic or average in your profile so at least you dont scare off women before they even meet you in person, even if you are stretching the truth just a bit or not revealing certain info, let them find out for themselves if and when they ever meet you in person

alot of womens hangups change when they see a guy in person rather than in a profile

if you act too honest, too descriptive, or too out there in profile, you will either get weeded out by almost every woman or scare off the rest

just try to blend in and eventually you may get a bite

i am waiting myself but not taking it too seriously

still easier than goin out to bars to pick up women

this is just logging in and checking out my inbox

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2011, 06:09 
Contributor

what ive noticed in just 24 hours is that these women are just too fuckin ambitious and almost pretentious in the way they describe their hectic life

i am just too laid-back for that shit even though the women are pretty hot

i am still sendin messages and having fun and sayin some funny stuff cuz i know that pretty much every response will go in the womans trash heap

oh well it still beats doin nothin

a woman actually did message me and wanted to meet after just a few hours, but i wasnt that interested in her appearance but hey maybe i will just hang out with her and keep it casual cuz ANY woman is a gateway to other women so i did respond back

i live in st louis, LOTS of cardinals fans, BIG baseball town, but i like the blue jays but i still will go to a game cuz baseball is baseball!

the guys who are all "hung-up" on their one-itises should just sign up to plenty of fish and start messaging a bunch of random women and that gets your mind off of just one particular chick cuz i have noticed the more women i message, the less i really care what i put into it and i sound more care-free, laid-back, a joker, and just not really giving a shit but in a fun way, not a serious i am really desperate for you kind of a way

the more women you message/speak to, the less each one seems important, THATS how you rid the one-itis or however the fuck you spell it

do it now!

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2011, 12:55 
Natural Born Pussy Magnet + Moderator

torontonightman wrote:
the guys who are all "hung-up" on their one-itises should just sign up to plenty of fish and start messaging a bunch of random women and that gets your mind off of just one particular chick cuz i have noticed the more women i message, the less i really care what i put into it and i sound more care-free, laid-back, a joker, and just not really giving a shit but in a fun way, not a serious i am really desperate for you kind of a way

At some point I tried to use online dating in order to forget my oneitis. It was just another distraction. It helped but only temporarily. Interacting with other girls only reminded me of how superior my oneitis is and how I would never find another girl like that.

Still, if it works for you or Adam82, good luck.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 17:02 
New Poster

Anyone got any ideas of how to message a girl who "wants to meet you?" - I think its pointless to want to meet her back - better to just message her but what is the best approach in your experiences?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2011, 23:23 
LS.com Legend

Message her like you always would.

I didn't even realize that the thread was moved.

Anyway I just came up with an awesome new strategy...

Message the girls that don't have pictures. Think about it....they probably get less messages just on the fact that they could be ugly, and most of us don't seem that picky. So there is a better chance she will respond since she isn't getting the attention like the girls that have pictures.

I took the risk and did it, and it seems to be working. She eventually uploaded her picture, and well at least she isn't fat. :lol:

Thanks  
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2011, 00:46 
Site Admin

Rossini wrote:

Message the girls that don't have pictures. Think about it....they probably get less messages just on the fact that they could be ugly, and most of us don't seem that picky. So there is a better chance she will respond since she isn't getting the attention like the girls that have pictures.

I took the risk and did it, and it seems to be working. She eventually uploaded her picture, and well at least she isn't fat. :lol:

Nailed it. Virtually every girl that I was successful with when I was doing online dating did not have a pic. Granted this was back in the day when scanners and digital cameras weren't ubiquitous and they usually didn't have pics online because they didn't have a way to get them there... but as a result they weren't getting deluged with messages from other guys and gave me a chance. Every one of them was essentially a blind date. Sometimes they were cute, sometimes they were on the homely side. Only a few occasions were they so unattractive that I couldn't bring myself to do a second date.

A bigger problem was the women who did post pics, almost NEVER looked even close to as good as their pics. I don't know whether it was due to using 5 year old pics, glamour studio pics, or just weird MySpace angles, but yeah if a girl that looked good in her pic messaged me it was almost certain she did not look like that in person.

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.
All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”

~George Bernard Shaw

“Incels who use dating sites are like Democrats who watch Fox News.”
~STBLS

Thanks  
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2011, 14:46 
LS.com Legend

loveablenerd wrote:
Rossini wrote:

Nailed it. Virtually every girl that I was successful with when I was doing online dating did not have a pic. Granted this was back in the day when scanners and digital cameras weren't ubiquitous and they usually didn't have pics online because they didn't have a way to get them there... but as a result they weren't getting deluged with messages from other guys and gave me a chance. Every one of them was essentially a blind date. Sometimes they were cute, sometimes they were on the homely side. Only a few occasions were they so unattractive that I couldn't bring myself to do a second date.

A bigger problem was the women who did post pics, almost NEVER looked even close to as good as their pics. I don't know whether it was due to using 5 year old pics, glamour studio pics, or just weird MySpace angles, but yeah if a girl that looked good in her pic messaged me it was almost certain she did not look like that in person.

Yeah there were only 2 girls that lived up to their picture, and they were both 9's.

But because they were 9's gave a whole other set of problems which is why they didn't work out. Although I did make out and fondle both. (the one girl being my first ever kiss)

Thanks  
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2011, 21:48 
Poster

2 times in 2 posts
Online Dating with 21 years? I guess my chances are small, very small xD

Thanks  
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2011, 10:35 
Contributor

ukshygirl wrote:
My thoughts on online dating ...

1. Always fit your profile around the type of person you wish to meet. It's better to attract five messages from suited people who might be a match than 100 for the sake of *many messages* who may write in general but may not be suited.
2. You don't need to write much in an intro "Hi - I like your profile - we have X and Y in common - fancy a chat?" ought to be fine and anything extra they can read from a profile.
3. Never hold back from being who you are in a profile as it's this that will help your kindred spirits find you.
4. Never copy and paste the same message to loads of people.

lol I like how not one of these shitty pointers work.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2011, 10:55 
LS.com Legend

rockman wrote:
ukshygirl wrote:
My thoughts on online dating ...

1. Always fit your profile around the type of person you wish to meet. It's better to attract five messages from suited people who might be a match than 100 for the sake of *many messages* who may write in general but may not be suited.
2. You don't need to write much in an intro "Hi - I like your profile - we have X and Y in common - fancy a chat?" ought to be fine and anything extra they can read from a profile.
3. Never hold back from being who you are in a profile as it's this that will help your kindred spirits find you.
4. Never copy and paste the same message to loads of people.

lol I like how not one of these shitty pointers work.

X2!!

The golden rule of being successful with women, is not to listen to female dating advice, it's like a car without 4 wheels and an engine - fucking useless.

ImageImageImage

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next