LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 22 Sep 2017, 14:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2011, 18:54 
Poster

I recently started online dating again. I had a few girls interested in me. But all of them flaked out one day before meeting.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 14:04 
Contributor

Location: Riding thru the desert on a horse with no name.....
This is great-I was thinking about making a similar thread on this but Rossini has already started one i'm gonna make my contributions to this one. There's 3 online dating sites I've been dealing with in recent weeks along with the local Craigslist as well. The 3 sites have a mature bent and are pay-for -play. They are: Be Naughty.com,xxxmatch.com & sexsearch.com. My experiences with these three are as follows:
1) Be Naughty.com-Going from my brief experience with them i'd say avoid them. The vast majority of females locally didn't respond to me after nearly a month and all of the ones that did were nothing but webcam hoes trolling for suckers! In fact when I first started going on line with them I was getting so many "chat requests" i.e. setups for webcam shows they were literally coming in by the dozens! It was like somebody yelled out "New meat!" and they came running!!! Personally I think the site is getting a cut from these girls ; I mean there were so many CLEARLY fake profiles there (example: One profile would say "abbig1234 from Houston" then another would say"abbig1235 from Austin", "abbig1236 from Dallas", you get the picture from here i'm sure. They would have similar profiles using the same headlines and even the same pictures! :facepalm: And they wanted me to pay them $34.99 a month for this shit?!? C-ya!
2/3) xxxmatch.com/sexsearch.com-Both of these sites seem to be operated by the same people as they are very similar in features and layouts. The girls can get as explicit as they dare with their profile pictures as they dare (and plenty do! :oops: ) They like to push their gold and VIP packages al the time until you buy them which is annoying. THe main thing I liked about them is the 3 day trial the will let you have for a couple of bucks to see if you like them which is ok I guess. The girls seem responsive for the most part: I've even got an ongoing chat thing with a couple of them that aren't in my area. The strange thing that's happened to me so far is that I've gotten NO responses from females in my immediate area. :confused2: All the females who have looked at my profile and have friended me and requested meets ( :headsmack: :headsmack: :headsmack: Forgot to mention this-these sites you can request to be friends ala Facebook and even set up appointments for face-to-face meetings :wink: ) are from some distance away (I live near Lynchburg,VA and the girls are responding from Fayetteville/Charlotte/Raliegh NC,Richmond VA, D.C., Baltimore are responding VERY well :coolbeans:).I've already turned down several requests from ladies who wanted to meet me in person-too far away for me at this time :( .The most important thing that I've found about this site is it will tell you which females who have put you on their friends lists so you have an idea as who may actually be interested in you and to pursue further contact with them. My prognosis is : so far,not so bad; will inform you all as things develop with these two sites....

Thanks  
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 14:16 
Pseudo-intellectual attention whore

Why not just use fetlife for free if you need a nsa site?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 17:02 
Contributor

It's great for the bondage and D/S/M types..as a black man you'll have to forgive my general aversion to being whipped and chained and being tied up...

Thanks  
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 18:41 
Pseudo-intellectual attention whore

It's a whole wide range of fetishes. Get on the other side of the whip? Or just find a guy into having strangers bang his hot wife?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 15:13 
Contributor

exxie wrote:
It's a whole wide range of fetishes. Get on the other side of the whip? Or just find a guy into having strangers bang his hot wife?

Ok...we know now what exxie's into :jawdrop: ...kinky wench! There may be hope for her yet....

Thanks  
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 03:09 
I CAME IN LIKE A WREEECKING BAAALLLL

I've been hanging around OKCupid for a week now, and I just want to say...

If it sucks for me, I can only imagine how hard it is for you folks. I am so sorry. Holy shit.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Harebrained for the above post:
mrping
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2012, 11:30 
Super Contributor

Never been on OKCupid, but I tried Plenty of Fish and it was, hum, "interesting". I had a random message from a 45 year-old man who just sent me a picture of him, naked to the waist, wearing shorts and sandals, standing in his Laura Ashley suburbian dining room. No message, just the picture, I was like, wtf? :lol:

One guy sent me a message, we talked a bit and he asked me if I wanted to go to a concert 150km away the same very night, saying he could drive me there and back and stuff... I told him I wasn't comfortable with that, he was a bit pushy and threw the much-hated "come on, learn to have fun in life". I told him I wouldn't go and it ended there.

I had also the guy who sent me a message, I answered, he didn't, but a few days later he sent me the same message as the first one, with another person's username. Copy and paste rookie mistake :lol:

I had about 3 messages from guys who obviously didn't bother reading the first 2 lines of my profile and who were exactly the kind of people I wouldn't hang out with - party guys looking for hot girls to hook-up with and who get wasted every other day.

Otherwise, I sent about 5/6 messages to guys that sounded interesting (basically the few ones who didn't have "I like to drink" as defined as a hobby and who seemed to have interests in life other than "hanging out and chill out") and am still in contact with one of them through Skype, but I haven't met him yet. We haven't chatted in a while and last time I talked to him he blew me off, so I don't think anything will come out of that, but well, at least I learnt dating websites are definitely not for me.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 15 May 2012, 16:47 
New Poster

I've been on and off okcupid for four years. I've only ever managed to meet one girl in person and it was a disaster. We had nothing to say to eachother. Maybe we both were incels at the time but boy was it awkward.
I'm currently on match.com because people keep telling me if I really want to meet someone online I have to use a paysite. I'm usually skeptical but the person showed me how they met on it and were dating for 2 years after.
I'm sure I just don't know how to sell myself. I'm far to honest to straight up lie.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 01:24 
New Poster

I don't know what got into me so that I'd waste $100 to subscribe to match.com?
I've lost any confidence I had in finding anyone. I don't want to waste any more money on having a professionally written profile. What should I do?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 03:32 
Elite Contributor

Location: A Denigrative Gathering of Rejected Filth (Where the shy guys are)
Highscores: 4
Dsea wrote:
I had about 3 messages from guys who obviously didn't bother reading the first 2 lines of my profile and who were exactly the kind of people I wouldn't hang out with - party guys looking for hot girls to hook-up with and who get wasted every other day.

:coolbeans: You complimented yourself Dsea! :coolbeans:

Here is a trustworthy saying with regard to DSR: ὃς γὰρ ἔχει, δοθήσεται αὐτῷ· καὶ ὃς οὐκ ἔχει, καὶ ὃ ἔχει ἀρθήσεται ἀπ’ αὐτοῦ (Mark 4:25)

Thanks  
PostPosted: 28 May 2012, 12:49 
Super Contributor

Ah ah no ;-) There was no picture in my profile, as I knew some colleagues were on the website, I just sent pictures to people with whom I chat - it doesn't really include the party guys whose profile descriptions were an assault to grammar and whose first (and only) messages were "hey baby watssup lol i lov to go 2 nightclubs & chillout wit the lads".

Thanks  
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 04:57 
Extensive Contributor

I've gotten the odd one night stand from playing the numbers game like mad and isolating them quickly. The last one was a cute Filipina 7 about four months ago, after a year long dry spell. We met for coffee one afternoon, I drove her back to my place after 15 minutes of "talking" (she barely spoke English), and then we rutted like two wild animals in heat.

Numbers and logistics are key. Not saying it's easy by any means, but it can be done.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2012, 06:23 
Elite Contributor

Have any of you guys had an experience like my male friend who made a profile for no reason really other than to test the matching features. It said he has 1 compatible woman in a 250 mile radius. That accomplished, he must have altered his compatibility. He got stalkerish messages from women cat calling him to come have sex in front of their husbands who like to watch, and "hey sexy, I see you running every day, you pass my house twice. I always stand watch." Says he hasn't run since.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2014, 08:24 
New Poster

I just posted a new thread, but I met my wife on Plenty of fish. I don't have my profile, but I just tried to make it as casual as possible while avoiding cliches.

That's my one big tip besides having a nice picture of yourself: avoid cliches because everyone likes walks on the beach and stupid shit like that. If you have an interesting profile and a decent picture, you're more likely to get meaningful interactions with people.

Put work into the profile. You can even make it pure fiction, as long as it's interesting. I'm a PT combination locksmith, and in my spare time I burn down stores that sell fedoras.

My other tip is to practice on craigslist. Put up fun ads on CL and if you get good responses, repurpose them for your online dating profile. Don't be afraid to be selective. If you say, "I'll date anyone" then you will interest no one.

You're allowed to be disingenuous, rude, brash and a little obtuse in your profile. Mysterious is good.

I work as a copywriter and in my posts I put something like, "I'm a professional dream thief. I steal people's dreams, fears and emotions and sell them back to them for a tidy profit."

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank monkeybutler for the above post:
Enginehead
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next