LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 20:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

I want....
(I'm from USA) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Newt Gingrich 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Mitt Romney 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Rick Santorum 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Ron Paul 38%  38%  [ 12 ]
I don't care, all I care about is that Obama wins 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
I am not interested in politics or at least this election 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
(I'm not from USA) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Newt Gingrich 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mitt Romney 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Rick Santorum 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Ron Paul 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
I don't care, all I care about is that Obama wins 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
I am not interested in politics or at least this election 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I don't know much or anything about USA politics 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32
 Post subject: GOP primaries vol.2
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 18:44 
Divine Comedian

Another poll, now with only 4 candidates... Who do you wish to become a candidate?

Last edited by Dante Alighieri on 20 Feb 2012, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
 Post subject: Re: GOP primaries vol.2
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 19:11 
Elite Contributor

2 "I'm from USA" sections.

Ron Paul, but since that's not going to happen I just hope the party keeps imploding. I don't think any of them are electable, and I don't think any of them are capable of beating Obama.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 22:24 
Site Admin

I think the blatant shenanigans in Nevada and Maine prove that the corrupt establishment will do ANYTHING to keep Ron Paul from winning a state.... and they don't care who goes to jail or has to step down along in disgrace along the way. We have truly turned into a Banana Republic.

The irony of it all is despite their obvious votescams, Ron Paul is the only candidate whose peeps are passionate enough to stick around after they voted in order to become delegates. Doesn't matter who wins the beauty contests, RP is getting the delegates! So don't count him out yet, folks!

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.
All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”

~George Bernard Shaw

“Incels who use dating sites are like Democrats who watch Fox News.”
~STBLS

Thanks  
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 22:35 
Extensive Contributor

I want Ron Paul to win because he is a man of peace and integrity and a supporter of freedom, which is also why he has no chance. If someone thinks he has a chance please explain why.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 22:38 
Elite Contributor

Voted Ron Paul with a smirk, we all know we're in for 4 more years of another Neo-Con, Neo-Lib puppet. I've vowed to never vote in another U.S. election ever again, at least until our 'elected officials' are scrubbed, constitution is reinstated, lobbying is made illegal on penalty of death, our illegal wars are over etc. So probably never again! :lol:

White Power.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2012, 22:59 
Site Admin

Raskolnikov wrote:
I want Ron Paul to win because he is a man of peace and integrity and a supporter of freedom, which is also why he has no chance. If someone thinks he has a chance please explain why.
He has a chance because (a) he is DOMINATING the under 40 and Independent votes. This is the demographic that elected Obama four years ago. The neocon establishment that hijacked the GOP isince the Bush, Sr. administration doesn't like him because he will end their illegal cashcow wars... but 70% of the American ppl want that. Including the majority of war weary active duty military personnel who want their lives back.

(b) The other GOP candidates have almost zero enthusiasm behind them, save "Frothy" Rick Sanitorium who has somehow conned much of the religious right that his rabid hatred of Muslims and the homos, not to mention so-called "blah" people, somehow makes him a good Christian.
:puke:

And they have the NERVE to smear RP as racist over some sketchy 20-year-old newsletter he didnt even write! But otherwise, Frothy's candidacy is a joke. Newt's is even worse. Romney's campaign is solid, but that is only because he is a very wealthy man and most of his passionate supporters are on his payroll. Though some of his employees have benn interviewed and admitted they were Ron Paul suppoters. Just like Santorum's nephew. Romney at least won't openly dis Dr. Paul because he knows he will need him on the ticket to have a snowball's chance in the general election

(3) The criminals in the GOP wouldn't be pulling out all the stops to cheat him out of every single win unless they were desperately afraid that little momentum would be the catalyst to launch the avalanch that the Ron Paul movement is capable of being. Even a single state win (and there is no doubt he won Maine) is enough to shred the ridiculous myth that he can't win or is somehow unelectable.

(4) The more they marginalize RP and piss on his large support base, the more they destroy their own party. 2016 may well be the Libertarian Party vs. the Democrats, with whatever fragments left in the GOP trying to mount a third party bid. It would almost be worth losing this election to see that happen. Remember, the Whiggs used to be the established other party and the Republicans were an upstart third party that offshoots from the Democrat Party until Abe Lincoln won. Sure, that was the final gasoline on the fire that became the Civil War. But if OB55 is right we aren't far off from another one of those anyway. This time instead of state vs state it will be people vs corruption. It may not happen in 2016, but it will happen. The generation that the criminal element of the GOP is pissing on today will be the generation in control tomorrow. The criminals won't go down without a fight, but they're going to get one.

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.

~George Bernard Shaw

~STBLS

Thanks  
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 00:10 
LS.com #1 Poster

Non USA here (there are two 'I'm from USA' sections) and i want Ron Paul. There's a FB group for god's sake, called 'Australians for Ron Paul 2012' :D

Not_Your_Average_Joe wrote:

People were created to be loved.
Things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos,
is because things are being loved,
and people are being used.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank Adam82 for the above post:
loveablenerd
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 05:07 

Anyone but Obama.

But I'm not fond of Romney, Santorum, or Paul either.

Guess that leaves Gingrich. Doubtful he can still get the nomination though. My state gets to vote on March 13th....if Gingrich is out of the race by then (which I think he will be), it'll be a tough choice for me.

lovablenerd wrote:
Romney at least won't openly dis Dr. Paul because he knows he will need him on the ticket to have a snowball's chance in the general election

LOL what? There's not a chance in hell Paul will be anyone's runningmate.

Quote:
Remember, the Whiggs used to be the established other party and the Republicans were an upstart third party that offshoots from the Democrat Party until Abe Lincoln won.

This a myth that I've heard stated many times, but it's simply not true. The Whigs had already disappeared when the Republicans came on the scene....they had a presidential nominee, John C. Fremont, in 1856. Sorry to be pedantic, but I'm a political history buff.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 05:50 

All I care is that Obama wins.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2012, 11:08 
Divine Comedian

mrping wrote:
2 "I'm from USA" sections.

damn... fixed

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 00:08 
Poster

After MI and AZ, it's almost certain that Romney is going to win; he deserves it since he's really the only one who is electable. However, I am strongly pulling for Ron Paul to come in 2nd place in the delegates count. Hopefully Santorum and Gingrich will drop out after Super Tuesday and then we can get some Paul vs Romney head-to-heads, which will give Paul more delegates and also give more exposure to his ideas. Would love to see him get a strong platform at the RNC and help shape the future of American policy.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 00:17 
Divine Comedian

Rand Paul 2016? :mrgreen:

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 00:49 
Site Admin

fightforlove wrote:
After MI and AZ, it's almost certain that Romney is going to win; he deserves it since he's really the only one who is electable. However, I am strongly pulling for Ron Paul to come in 2nd place in the delegates count. Hopefully Santorum and Gingrich will drop out after Super Tuesday and then we can get some Paul vs Romney head-to-heads, which will give Paul more delegates and also give more exposure to his ideas. Would love to see him get a strong platform at the RNC and help shape the future of American policy.

This is the ONLY reason also-rans Santorum and Gingrich even stayed in the race past New Hampshire and Florida... the powers that be do NOT want this to happen. They want to deny Ron Paul every iota of influence they can. Even if it means destroying the GOP in the process, which they are well on their way to doing. When even the mainstream media is calling them out for the obvious vote fraud in Nevada and Maine, you know their schemes are fail.

Андре́й Рублёв wrote:
Rand Paul 2016? :mrgreen:

It's about the only thing that will resuscitate the GOP after the drumming they are going to take in the general election from Obama.

~George Bernard Shaw

~STBLS

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 00:51 
Elite Contributor

A big Yawn. Still a long race. Remember in January 1992. It was gonna be an easy second term for Bush Ist. By mid summer though....the tide turned.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 01:06 

fightforlove wrote:
After MI and AZ,it's almost certain that Romney is going to win

You do know Romney and Santorum got the same number of delegates from MI, right?

Thanks