LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 25 Apr 2018, 19:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 01:19 
Women are Better than Me

Hi all. I'm making this thread because I want to clear up a misunderstanding that I keep seeing on sites like this one.

Often, on the internet, I will see men who say "Feminists are hypocrites. They tell men to be themselves, but then they only fuck manly men." Today, I want to talk about why that isn't hypocritical.

There is a huge difference between have a sexual preference and forcing someone to behave differently. For example, I don't want to have sex with gay men, but I still respect their right to exist as gay men. It's possible to let people do as they please and not have sex with them. That isn't hypocrisy. Most women don't want to force all men to be manly, but most women are only sexually attracted to manly men.

In other words, telling men to be manlier is not appropriate in every single context. It is, however, appropriate what you are giving a man dating advice. Masculinity is not good all by itself. It's good because it will get you laid. All heterosexual women prefer manly men. That is simply a fact.

How to be Manlier:
- Work out.
- Watch historical documentaries.
- Watch documentaries about wild animals fighting one another.
- Listen to heavy metal and/or booming classical music.

I'm not trying to be a bully. I'm just being realistic. Being manly will help you get laid. Feel free to be feminine ... if you don't like sex. It's your choice.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 09:05 
Extensive Contributor

Catapault55 wrote:
Hi all. I'm making this thread because I want to clear up a misunderstanding that I keep seeing on sites like this one.

Often, on the internet, I will see men who say "Feminists are hypocrites. They tell men to be themselves, but then they only fuck manly men." Today, I want to talk about why that isn't hypocritical.

There is a huge difference between have a sexual preference and forcing someone to behave differently. For example, I don't want to have sex with gay men, but I still respect their right to exist as gay men. It's possible to let people do as they please and not have sex with them. That isn't hypocrisy. Most women don't want to force all men to be manly, but most women are only sexually attracted to manly men.

In other words, telling men to be manlier is not appropriate in every single context. It is, however, appropriate what you are giving a man dating advice. Masculinity is not good all by itself. It's good because it will get you laid. All heterosexual women prefer manly men. That is simply a fact.

How to be Manlier:
- Work out.

I'm not trying to be a bully. I'm just being realistic. Being manly will help you get laid. Feel free to be feminine ... if you don't like sex. It's your choice.

Most people that listen to metal where school outcasts and not alpha male at all. The metal scene was considered a community ouf outcasts, burners, losers, dreamers, hyper sensitive people with social problems etc.

Thanks  
The following users would like to thank metalized for the above post:
Chibithulhu
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 09:37 
Women are Better than Me

metalized wrote:
Most people that listen to metal where school outcasts and not alpha male at all. The metal scene was considered a community ouf outcasts, burners, losers, dreamers, hyper sensitive people with social problems etc.

Two Things:

1. Don't bold all of your text. It makes you look like a tard and it's fucking annoying.
2. Many of the old metal fans were weightlifters and biker dudes. This is mainly because heavy metal is the manliest genre of music ever.

Heavy Metal is manly and listing to it will give you courage.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 09:40 
Extensive Contributor

Catapault55 wrote:
metalized wrote:

Two Things:

1. Don't bold all of your text. It makes you look like a tard and it's fucking annoying.
2. Many of the old metal fans were weightlifters and biker dudes. This is mainly because heavy metal is the manliest genre of music ever.

Heavy Metal is manly and listing to it will give you courage.

As i said before the roots and origins of metal began with outcasts, dreamers, burners, bullied people etc in their school days. I listen to metal and was good at sports but i still am shy with girls i like. Slayer is asoume btw. Greets

Thanks  
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 09:59 
Women are Better than Me

metalized wrote:
As i said before the roots and origins of metal began with outcasts, dreamers, burners, bullied people etc in their school days.

Nope. Metal was invented by tough guys. It was later adopted by outcasts who admired the masculinity of these tough guys.

Quote:
I listen to metal and was good at sports but i still am shy with girls i like. Slayer is asoume btw. Greets

In that case, you should try the other things that I mentioned. If you are too shy with women, you need to do something that will raise your testosterone and get you into a manly mentality. Being brave starts with thinking manly thoughts.

Right now, I have another tab open and I am watching an educational video about Mayan history ... because the Mayan men were manly. All men back in those days were manly.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 00:17 
Poster

This thread balances on being almost satirical.

Quote:
How to be Manlier:
- Work out.

Really? We clearly have different definitions of what “manly” means. The only thing I can agree on is working out.
By watching documentaries you might become an interesting conversation partner to people who enjoy said documentaries, but I’m guessing you meant “you’ll pick up sick fighting skills and be able to mimic manly men”. Highly unlikely.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 00:59 
Women are Better than Me

NoRomeoNoJuliet wrote:
By watching documentaries you might become an interesting conversation partner to people who enjoy said documentaries, but I’m guessing you meant “you’ll pick up sick fighting skills and be able to mimic manly men”. Highly unlikely.

That's not what I meant.

We shouldn't copy the violent actions of the men of the past. Most of them were just defending themselves. Don't take that violence out of context.

I'm saying that we should be inspired by their courage.

Vercingetorix fought back against Julius Caesar's troops even though he was greatly outnumbered. If he had the courage to do that, we can be brave enough to speak to women.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 21:22 
Poster

Catapault55 wrote:
NoRomeoNoJuliet wrote:

That's not what I meant.

We shouldn't copy the violent actions of the men of the past. Most of them were just defending themselves. Don't take that violence out of context.

I'm saying that we should be inspired by their courage.

Vercingetorix fought back against Julius Caesar's troops even though he was greatly outnumbered. If he had the courage to do that, we can be brave enough to speak to women.

That is basically what I wanted to say, but put it across in an awkward way.
History is just as much defence as it is offence and seizing opportunities. Besides, history is written by the victors and, well, as brave as Vercingétorix fought, you know what happened to him. Although I’m not discouraging anyone from trying and approaching women.
Guess we just have to fake it ‘til we make it

P.S Metalized, when someone tells you
Quote:
Don't bold all of your text. It makes you look like a tard and it's fucking annoying
you don’t really have to listen to them. Pushover much?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2017, 09:17 
Women are Better than Me

Watching documentaries about dinosaurs will also give you the courage that you need.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 20:27 
New Poster

1 time in 1 post
Tautological, isn't it? If they prefer men, they prefer those characteristics that differentiate men from women.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 22:05 
Moderator Femme Fatale

For me there's ways I like men to be manly and ways I prefer men to be in touch with their feminine side although it's probably a whole post starter in itself.

I'm also open minded to the idea gender roles for anyone are unfair over expectations.

Thanks