LS.com homepage  •   LS.com FAQ  •   Resources
In the media  •   Articles  •   WIKI
It is currently 21 Dec 2014, 06:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is the one of the guest-viewable discussion areas. If you haven't already, sign up as a user (everything is, and always will be, completely free)! Users can engage in discussion in both guest-viewable and member-only subforums. There's also an arcade.

Please post in good faith. We support freedom of speech here but deliberately inflammatory posts will be deleted. Use common sense when writing posts and be sure to read the guidelines (and weep) before posting.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 10:49 
New Poster

BBC3 presenter Cherry Healey has already made several frank programmes about drinking, dating, money and parenting- and she was even filmed having her daughter Coco. Now she wants to help people build their confidence in a new documentary about peoples sex lives.

Are you having difficulties meeting someone? Do you find it hard to talk to the opposite sex? Maybe you are a virgin and haven’t found the right person to lose it with?

Whatever your story- we want to hear from you and help you! To find out more please email cherryfilms@renegadepictures.co.uk with some details about yourself and a contact number or call the production team on 0207 449 3284.

And rest assured, like all of Cherry’s other documentaries, she’ll be revealing all about herself too.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 12:10 
Bitches love lasers.

Cherry wrote:
Yes, air brushing is absolutely the worst use of technology ever invented

The blatant miss of more obvious candidates such as the atomic bomb, does not particularly inspire me with confidence that she would be the right person to document an unbiased truth lol.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 12:59 
Time-Mod

Hi, just sent you an email. I just want to ask, last year a woman from BBC3 posted here under the name London (can't remember her real name. Andrea something). She began interviewing some of us, but then she left and said the project is on hold for the moment. Is this a continuation of her work?

Quote:
In all my travelling throughout the universe, I have battled against evil, against power-mad conspirators. I should have stayed here. The oldest civilisation: decadent, degenerate, and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans, Cybermen - they're still in the nursery compared to us. Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2011, 10:31 
Time-Mod

For anyone worried about the legitimacy of this poster, I have just spoken to her on the phone and can say with a fair amount of confidence that she is 99.9% not a troll. So anyone else want to come forward?

Quote:
In all my travelling throughout the universe, I have battled against evil, against power-mad conspirators. I should have stayed here. The oldest civilisation: decadent, degenerate, and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans, Cybermen - they're still in the nursery compared to us. Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2011, 11:33 
Contributor

Location: Riding thru the desert on a horse with no name.....
I don't know...are us "yanks" invited to contribute?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2011, 13:28 
Bitches love lasers.

The Doctor wrote:
For anyone worried about the legitimacy of this poster, I have just spoken to her on the phone and can say with a fair amount of confidence that she is 99.9% not a troll. So anyone else want to come forward?

its not really a matter of trolling. a quick search for a first impression would indicate to me that she is a pro-feminist who would most likely downplay our problems while focusing on how it affects women, miss the point entirely and poorly report it, or actually turn it into some crime, a source for shame.

it is the BBC after all, renowned for their displays of misandry in almost every commercial. I doubt they'd approve a program that didnt portray women as victims and men as sexual predators.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2011, 12:15 
Angry Astronaut

Feminists can be sympathetic to love-shyness, but it's usually couched as more evidence that gender roles need to go. That's the minority viewpoint, of course. Most of the time they outright shame LS's.

That said, I would give this reporter a chance. Even a potentially misrepresented view is good publicity for us.

The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog. -Mark Twain

What I am trying to do is quantify the situation, rather get into endless arguments over who has it easier in the dating game. When women can charge $500 or more for a "date," that question is already answered. -GrinSweeper

We have not overthrown the divine right of kings to fall down for the divine right of experts. -Harold Macmillan

Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted. -Vladimir Lenin

Thanks  
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2011, 14:31 
LS.com Legend

Well, I'm interested. Of course any interviews will need to be conducted through e-mail or by phone.

The academic year has begun again over here so I don't exactly have the time to be travelling to wherever in Britain the main office of the BBC is located.

- Emperor Wilhelm II

"The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage. The virtuous man is driven by responsibility, the non-virtuous man is driven by profit."

- Confucius

"Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength".

- Me

Myths About Atheism: http://www.love-shy.com/lsbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16314 For all to see :)

Thanks  
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2011, 15:38 
Poster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcthree/201 ... ries.shtml

You have been warned.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 01:12 
Poster

18 times in 13 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGvH86wfrzk

Mmm hmmm

Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 02:04 
Elite Contributor

Was interested until I saw the link. THANKS AJ for looking out.

As for this woman? Yeah, did she blow-dry her brain before deciding to do this? TV is entertainment. The non-LS / incel world still has ALL the answers to why we are single (sarcasm). Yawn.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 02:06 

Why is it always UK media (as opposed to US media) interested in us?

Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 02:13 
Bitches love lasers.

SuckstobeLoveShy wrote:

dont want to sound elitist, but uk tv is just a little bit more intelligent (mostly) than what i see from the US. if it doesnt have explosions and monster trucks, metaphorically, the US doesnt care. exceptions are occasional things like House. I've noticed even adaptations of shows from here need to be superficially enhanced to hold a shorter attention span. like cookery shows, that iron chef america thing is ridiculous :rofl:
then compare something like DIY SOS or changing rooms with extreme makeover. the transition from UK to US tends to be that shows get louder, larger scale, have a bunch of extra features and side-stories stuck in, lose their subtlety, and have either some competitional plot or cheesy feel-good messages thrown in every 2 minutes.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 02:16 
Elite Contributor

SuckstobeLoveShy wrote:

I wish I had the answer! Last Sunday in my market I watched PBS (the BEST network in the USA mind you) and on "Mystery Masterpiece Theater" they showed a Brit show called "Inspector Lewis"

a slow-burn, but excellent. Well done! I was so impressed with it.

The big three here (NBC, ABC, CBS) are about glam, sex appeal, and dealing with a population that is more concerned with crappy beer, dumb sports and inaccurate weather reports.

Thanks  
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 04:03 
LS.com Legend

Sweet&Sour wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGvH86wfrzk

Mmm hmmm

Wont load in the US. I wonder why? :confused2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inwzOooXRU

"A Star on Earth; an Angel in Heaven" -Karen Anne Carpenter (1950-1983)
_______________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.padfield.com/1997/goodmen.html -"When Good Men Do Nothing".

Thanks